“An instatution in Edmonton ”

Blue Willow Restaurant
Ranked #458 of 2,620 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oliver
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Now owned and operated by the 3rd generation of the MAH family. . . Offering both dining room and take out. No suprises here. .. constantly good, genorous portions at reasonable prices. Just a comfortable old fashioned Chinese restaurant. ...

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Great food. Off the beaten track if you don't live downtown but worth the trip. I recommend the Cantonese Chow Mein!

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

I always go here for my take out. Or eat in if I'm on my way home. This is an Edmonton classic. Cannot be beat for the food or the service. I have the beef with pea pods, shrimp chow mein, and boneless pork ribs. All are always good. This place can be counted on for consistency. That's why I have been a customer for many years.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

The menu hasn't changed but the service sure has. What was one of the best places to eat in Edmonton, going all the way back to their days on Jasper ave., they have slipped. The food usually is fairly good but the consistency is gone along with the service. The waiter actually complained how the food here did not match his own cooking. He was not Chinese. The menu is the same but even the foiled chicken was a huge disappointment. It used to be my favorite. Now it just is foiled deep fried chicken. I will think twice about reuning.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

It has been a few years since we last dined here. The food was good, but not great. I thought that the prices were high for the quality. I suppose that the takeout does well for those late night snacks.