“Deeelish!”

Sabu Sushi Bar
Ranked #600 of 2,814 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here as it was near our neighborhood. We arrived just as the place opened and were the first customers to arrive. The hostess/waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food came out quickly and everything was amazing! Probably the best tuna and salmon sashimi I've yet to have in Edmonton since we moved here in May 2016.
Outstanding service, delicious food and for a small, overlooked little place it was very clean and inviting. Definitely a diamond in the rough! I've gone back a few times, even on my own with a book to enjoy a meal. Sabu is in my top 5 favorite places to eat right now!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Aimee B

Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

Bento box lunch was terrific. In from out of town, and I eat sushi across Canada for lunch. This was a simple Bento A. Tempura was fantastic. Great, fast lunch place.

Date of visit: November 2015
2  Thank 52antonp
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

I have driven by enough times and I am really glad I finally stopped in. What a nice little place and such friendly staff. The sashimi and rolls I ordered were great. My order was take out and it was ready quite fast. The price is good and I will for sure return.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank mla1010
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

This place makes such wonderful food I am surprised its not busy all the time come here often with my child and wife and always happy with our meal great selection of bento boxes with lots of tasty items we will return here for sure

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 24 June 2015

This location has been many different types of restaurants, bars and other establishments in the past 30 years. There are few restaurants in the area, which would suggest to me that the ones that are here should do well. Compared to the west end of Edmonton, this comparable east end is sparsely populated with places to eat.
Enough of the location. Sabu had very tasty food with unique items such as something called sushi pizza (with sushi rice instead of a baked crust) about the size of a bagel. Not sure if other places do this but they use a torch to sear some of the sushi choices. Never busy. Prices were not high compared to the high end sushi places but more than the fast food sushi chains. Set up for takeout. They also have Korean dishes but I did not try those.

Date of visit: June 2015