“Great dinner and delicious steak”
Review of Sage Restaurant

Sage Restaurant
Ranked #331 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$16 - US$61
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Whitemud Drive & Winterburn Road
Description: Craving a new experience? Sage fine dining offers an exquisite dining experience unlike anywhere else. With a sophisticated atmosphere, world class chef, and an exclusive wine list, Sage is sure to create a memorable experience for anyone. Must be 18+, please come in and enjoy fine dining, redefined.
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

I didn't read any reviews for Sage prior to eating here so I was kind of surprised to see all the negative comments. I'm not sure if there is more than one chef working here since I had an absolutely delicious meal which is quite different than some of he other reviewers.

Sage has a promo on Sunday to Thursday for 50% off menu items - we both had the surf and turf which is a 7oz filet with a rock lobster tail which was absolutely delicious and for 14.50 it just can't be beat. I could have cut the steak with my fork and everything was seasoned perfectly. My lobster tail was slightly tough from being overcooked which is me being really picky. I started with the crab cakes which were wonderful and my husband had the French onion soup which he said was full of flavour.

We ended our meal with the caramel apple tatin and cheesecake. With the promo, a glass of wine and my husbands coffee we were all in for the grand total of $68. I don't know where else you can get a fantastic three course dinner for two for that price anywhere and our service was prompt and courteous. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

when I came to this restaurant I was so excited to experience it. Upon my visit my first thoughts were good I thought the atmosphere was very fancy n elegant n the staff was very friendly n accommodating but when I ordered my appetizer the calamari was over cooked n disgusting n when I got my meal it was small portions n wasn't cooked very well. The chickens skin was gummy n cold . Way to expensive for what there giving people. I'm not sure where all the hype came about it being amazing but I did not feel the same. I have very high expectations n this place was below them. Very disappointing if u ask me. But attend on your own Risk..

Reviewed 19 April 2016

We took our friend from out of town for a night out for a meal and Casino night --
its our fourth time at Sage and again the meal was fabulous -- I had the sea bass special delicious - my husband had the scallops - perfectly done - and our guest had steak brochettes appetizer -- again perfectly done -- the service was great -- we will be back !!!!

Reviewed 16 April 2016

We went for dinner at Sage yesterday, 2 couples. Ordered calamari for the appetizer, it was absolutely terrible, was so salty no one at the table cook eat it. Then came the steaks, i had ordered mine butterflied cause i don't like pink in it, it was butterflied but was more read the the one that was ordered medium. All our steaks were tuff, not one of us finished our steak. The chef must like salt cause everything was way to salty, not edible. Anyone can add sale to there food if they like salt but you can't take it off. Probably been to sage 7 or 8 times, last time we weren't impressed but decided to give it another try, NEVER AGAIN. Its too bad enjoyed going there for dinner then playing a few cards

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

We came here before a concert at River Cree. Location is great and nice room. Service was quite slow and we were surprised that we could not catch the eye of our server or the host... even though we were right in front of him. We ordered the $110 'dinner for 2'. Nice presentation but a little pricey. It comes only as a single platter with protein (meat, crab etc ) and veggies with mashed potatoes. The 'dinner 'did not include appies or a desert - just the main course platter. Our steak was perfect but the chicken was dry. We were given cold plates and our food got cold quickly. Could not wave down the host or server to warm the food or order extra drinks. Host as part of his duties should be to scan the room for issues and help our server if needed.

Service was also slow. We ordered glasses of wine prior to the main course but it arrived half way through the meal. We would have ordered more if it had arrived earlier.

Overall impression. Service and food quality did not meet my expectations considering the price and ambience.