All reviewsirish pubgateway blvdfront desk stafffloor facingsouth common shoppingclosed for renovationsbreakfast restaurantroom was cleansouthgate mallclose to the airportbusiness tripwould stay againnice breakfastconvenient locationhot tubqueen bedone night stay
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Got a room at the hotel last minute and requested a quiet room. We were given a room on the 2nd floor above the construction area and at the back beside the train track. On arrival into our room we realized the toilet was broken and would not flush. We were tired as it was 1am and been at the hospital all day so went to go to bed. I pulled back the covers and was horrified to find bed bugs crawling around and long black hairs. I grabbed my things and attempted to check out. The desk clerk continued to try to pressure me into taking a different room and did not understand that i was not going to stay in a hotel with bed bugs. I was told that because we already checked in to the room and were offered a new room we could not be refunded. I returned in the morning after staying in the wonderful Delta hotel across the street and was finally provided with a refund. The construction workers were busy working at 7:30 am so if we had stayed we would have been surely waken by the noise despite being told they would not have construction until after 11am. Please avoid this hotel. Many other quality hotels in the same price range available.

1  Thank Trudy K
Abdul M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Trudy,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the experience you had with us. This is not a standard we have in the hotel and assure this has been dealt with. The reports showed there are no bed bugs as we do weekly checks to ensure safety of our guests. and take pride in our cleanliness. We also just replaced our all new IHG mattress & pillows few weeks ago.
With regards to the renovations in our public spaces - rest assured any drilling will not take place until check-out time 11am and end by 5pm. We are now in the final stages and hoping to welcome you next week to experience the full new renovated hotel.
Best Regards
Abdul M

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This entire experience was terrible. On check in, the front entrance was closed so you have to carry all your heavy luggage through the end of the building.(no luggage carriers available) The front desk is in a room on a table. And there is construction workers and dust and ripped up carpet and paint everywhere. So we are on the way to our room on the 3rd floor. The 1 elevator that worked opened up and an employee of the hotel said catch the next one. WTH?? So we actually had to walk outside to take the stairs to the 3rd floor. Later that night we are watching TV. And we had 4 channels. I called front desk and the girl said she'd check into it and get back to me. She never did!!! To end a horrible experience here. We go for breakfast and you again have to go outside to get to the breakfast room. Where we get greeted with, do you have your breakfast vouchers? Cause you will have to pay for breakfast. We said call the front desk, and check it. So the breakfast consisted of cold food..
I stay at this chain of hotels ALL the time. This was absolutely terrible.
They could have told us on booking that they were under construction.
Cause we would not have stayed here.
This is a terrible hotel. I'm sure when the renovations are done it will be nice. But our experience was horrible!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hi jewelenei,

Thanks for your recent Holiday Inn Conference Center Edmonton South stay, we're glad to have hosted you. I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by the overall upkeep and service level provided during your stay. On behalf of the team, I apologize for the inconvenience caused by ongoing renovations, the property's current condition, and the quality of food during breakfast. Your feedback is important and definitely shared with the management to immediately address these areas.

I appreciate you bringing this to attention and do know that I've reached out to you privately to obtain additional information.

Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We decided to stay here for a family trip as the rates were very reasonable. The moment we stepped in there was construction in their lobby. While I'm okay with the construction if it was advertised before I booked it but it never was. I may have gone somewhere else. I had to carry all of our luggage down long hallways to a half shut down elevator and long wait times. Our family of four I had to make two trips to our vehicle, which took an unnecessary long time. I felt like we were blindsided. The rooms were way smaller than your average hotel room and the AC unit is working poorly. Worst hotel I've ever stayed at. Don't recommend.

1  Thank Eric G
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Eric G,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very sorry to learn you were not satisfied with the your overall stay with us, specially the inconvenience you had with the ongoing renovation. It is with deep regret that we did not live up to your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For this reason, we find your comments troubling. Nevertheless, I've noted down your comments and passed them over to our internal teams so they can check the areas that may need further/more attention. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details.

Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel as it was a recommended hotel for a wedding we were going to and our experience was horrible from start to finish. When we first checked in we went up to our room we noticed the temp in our room was very warm but seen it was set to cool off so we decided to unpack and get ready for the wedding. After about an hour later we called the front desk to say the ac was not working (room temp was 76 degrees and outside was 26 degrees and the air coming out of the ac unit was warm). They sent someone up to look at it and he supposedly fixed it. After he left we waited a little while longer and the ac was still blowing warm air so we phoned back and requested a new room. We were provided with a new room after a few phone calls and the ac worked great! The next morning we woke up and around 7 am the fire alarm went off we were told it was a false alarm so we went back into our room, however a few mins later it went off again so we went outside this time and walked around to the front of the building and seen the fire trucks. There was no one out front to tell us what was going on and after the alarm went off again we went back inside and could not locate stairs from inside the building so we were directed outside again and finally found an employee who said the sprinklers had gone off in a room on the top floor and as the water flooded the room below it caused the alarm to go off the second time. At this point we could see the water pouring out one of the windows and down the side of the building. We decided to go for our free breakfast (we were given coupons when we checked in but with switching rooms we had left them with the keys to the original room and after asking the front desk for new ones he had no idea what we were talking about but he finally figured it out after searching a bit). Food was mediocre and the restaurant was boiling hot. On our way back to our room we were greeted with a flood outside a few of the rooms in which we had to walk through to get back to our room. We have decided that we no longer will stay with the Holiday Inn franchise.

1  Thank jp20162017
Abdul M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments and best regards
Abdul M

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Quick check-in, professional receptionists.

Room was clean and well equipped.

Room service quick, food delicious.

Only negative I'd say was the breakfast buffet. When first looking at the property I thought I saw breakfast included but later in the confirmation it stated the price charged for breakfast.

I did go and was told it was a buffet style breakfast. I thought that will work fine as I like eggs and not a picky eater however they serve those fake looking scrambled eggs. If they weren't cold when I got them they were cold by the time I made my toast and coffee and went to eat it. Bacon was also cold.

On the plus side they did have fresh fruit but I'd suggest if you want to have breakfast at the hotel order room service and get yourself a nice omelette. The stuff they serve at the breakfast buffet isn't worth $16 its something they should include with the booking at no charge.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Abdul M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you Agnes for reviewing your latest experience with us at the Holiday Inn Conference Centre Edmonton South. I am sorry you didn't have a great experience at the breakfast. It is something we always work on to improve and try to satisfy every customer. I have shared your comments with my team and we will are already looking into improvements. As you suggested you can order a very nice hot omelette to your room or perhaps ask for our IHG breakfast menu where you can order more than just an omelette.
However I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay and had a wonderful experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Regards