“Reasonable price, super fresh, excellent Japanese food”
Review of Dorinku

Dorinku
Ranked #117 of 2,792 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Pressed mackerel sushi & pressed salmon sushi, negi miso duck, torokeru chasu pork, the beef yakiniku (you will see a cool method of cooking when you order beef yakiniku) are must-try items ! Very fresh, excellent sashimi. It truly reminds me of the taste of sashimi I got back in my trips in Japan.

The dish I will not recommend (in my own taste) is carbonara udon. The dorinku ramen and the tuna tatsuta and the mozzarella minced katsu are ok, but not really stand out and impress me like other dishes (since I can make them better by myself from Cooking with Dog youtube channel).

I found the price is pretty good compared to the excellent food quality I get.
Any Japanese cuisine lovers definitely must try this place out !

Especially, I met two Japanese waitress who were very nice and friendly during three times I visited there. The male waiters there can be a bit slow, boring, not really paying attention.

The staffs actually say 'irasshaimase' (welcome) to greet you when you come in and 'domo arigatou' (thank you very much) when you leave !!!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Yes, Dorinku is a bit on the pricier end. Yes, the proportions are smaller than you would expect for the price. Would I recommend it? Yes. The quality exceeds the price.
I tried it out for my father's birthday for the first time and was not disappointed. If you go for a date or special occasion it is well worth the splurge. The quality of the fish there is amazing. It is one of the best I have ever tried. Our waiter pointed out some of the best (try the Hamachi Carpaccio -- this thing made my sister moan), and he did not disappoint.
The service is even better. They were attentive, fast, and friendly. Even after we had paid the bill and were ready to leave they learned it was my father's birthday. Immediately one of their tofu desserts were sent out, along with a happy birthday message and even a candle. The atmosphere is fantastic with such a friendly staff!
All in all, definitely give this a try if you're into sushi. It's great food, fast service and they have a killer staff.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Me and a few of my friends were eager to check this place out. Best thing to do is go in a group and order a bunch of different dishes as they are small so it's fun to try a lot. Unfortunately it was super disappointing! For the most part the dishes were bland and under seasoned. We ordered a fried rice ball or something to that effect which we expected to be crispy but was gluey and gummy and texturally horrifying. Definitely has a cool Japanese street vibe and having been to Tokyo I can say the feel is pretty authentic, but sadly, the food was only meh.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

I went with friends recently after hearing nothing but great things about the place. We ordered an array of drinks, appetizers and mains. The corn fritters were the standout feature! I also had the octopus wasabi salad which wasn't consumable due to the sheer amount of wasabi (I love when my eyes water, but this was insane!) and the mackerel sushi, which I also gave my best, but I couldn't get past the fishiness. The others seemed to like their mains; the bibimbap, fries and rice bowl. Just not my cup of tea, can't please everyone.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 9 March 2017

I was expecting primarily Sushi, but there are only about 3 different types, plus about 6 offerings of Sashimi. Lots of variety from fried to hot chicken, duck, noodle bowls, fry your own meat on a hot tablet, etc. All the food was really tasty, lots of Saki offerings as well. Very reasonably priced as well! Chairs were terribly uncomfortable and the service wasn't the most speedy at times, but 2 minor complaints for an otherwise excellent place. I highly recommend you check it out at least once.

Date of visit: March 2017