“Years of Good Eating”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Have been going here for several years and what impresses me is the consistency of the food. The Pad Thai is excellent and the Green Curry with chicken is most enjoyable.Staff is pleasant and restaurant is enjoyable to visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

FIRST A WARNING TO ALL PATRONS CONSIDERING THIS LOCATION, ONLY PARK IN THE SYPHAY PARKING LOT ALLOCATED OUT FRONT OF RESTAURANT! DO NOT PARK IN DELAPITATED OLD CHINESE MARKET ACROSS THE WAY OR YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE TOWED IMMEDIATELY! We parked there and found our vehicle was being set to tow after being inside Syphay for approx 30 minutes. Milestone towing/A2Z Towing services promptly showed up to tow our vehicle. We ran outside immediately and we're told for $100 they would not tow, otherwise the tow would be charged at $250 plus impound fees and fines! What a scam! We moved our vehicle immediately and then witnessed Milestone towing/A2Z Towing immediately load up another vehicle which had been there approx 10 minutes and tow it away! THERE IS ONLY ONE TINY SIGN THAT STATES "PRIVATE PARKING AND VEHICLES WILL BE TOWED "UPON ENTERING THIS LOT BENEATH FOLIAGE OF A TREE. DO NOT PARK THERE OR YOUR MEAL WILL BE THE MOST EXPENSIVE MEAL YET!

Ok, now about Syphay itself and the food. Restaurant was clean and the food was delicious. Highly recommend anything with the green curry. We also tried the pad thai, it was very good but had to ask for more cilantro as there was minimal of it placed on top of dish. We did the chicken and shrimp option and I found there was plenty of both for the $2 upcharge.

We also tried the trio appetizer it was OK but in the future would just go straight to main courses as this is where Syphay excels.

Service was friendly and reasonably quick.

Park accordingly to the above warning and you will have an enjoyable meal here!
(Many patrons ran out to move their vehicles from there when they over heard me state to service staff I had to leave to save my car and would be back to pay)

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

This place is a regular takeaway spot for us. Unlike many Thai restaurants the portions are generous; you can serve 2 from one entree. Fresh and flavourful. Have not dined in so I can’t speak to that, but we’ve never been let down with take out. Always on time and tasty. Love the Panang curry with shrimp. It’s spicy tho, but you can ask to get it dialed down a bit if you prefer.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Had the green cury dish: sooooo good. Just the right amount of spicy, such great flavors. Would 100% recommend!!

1  Thank Sam L
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I had myself a Som Tam (Papaya Salad), Green Curry, Coconut Rice and Pad Kee Maow - they were all devine.

In my opinion, very few Thai restaurants can make authentic Thai coconut rice like you'd find in Thailand (I lived there for several years). I was impressed! The Green Curry was flavorful and you could really taste the galangal, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves.

The Pad Kee Maow had delicious flavour. The noodles, not unlike instant noodles, were not up my alley. I'm aware that these noodles are a big part of Thai Street food, but I would not describe them as egg noodles as mentioned on the menu.

Food 9/10
Music 10/10 - Very traditional and what you might expect coming from the radio of a 85 year old Thai man sitting outside of his house at the end of the day.