All reviews great pool the entire staff hot tub great amenities great shower rooms are big great property underground parking quiet hotel corner room couple of nights a king size bed deerfoot trail beds were comfortable would stay here again nice stay top floor
Reviewed 22 June 2018

It's new, it's bright, the rooms are bigger than normal, large bathroom, excellent bar and restaurant, all in all very refreshing for this type of new modern hotel, way better than Best Westerns! The food in the restaurant was outstanding, as was the wine!

Room Tip: 4th floor southside - 2 queen beds, huge rooms, great facilities for business and families.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2018

This was the first time for me staying at the Marriott Courtyard South. I usually stay near the airport or downtown. This location is very far south of the city, but in a great area near restaurants, bars, grocery store and theatre. I had a golf tournament in the south, so I selected this location. I really liked the hotel. The service was good. I got a nice upgrade to a suite, so overall my experience was good. The rates were a bit high for the location, but the great property made up for it. I will be back!

Room Tip: I got an upgrade to a suite. There really aren't any views in this part of town so don't ask for one!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel to stay. Rooms are super clean. The staff is amazing. The only downside is they do not offer room service and the menu at their bistro is very limited. I was only here for a few days. So can't complain to much.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is first class. From check in to housekeeping, nothing but good service. I had to move to a smaller room after day 2 because my kids went home. However, the manager was able to keep me in my same room at a lower rate (the same rate of a double room). I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2018

First night of my stay, I was warm and couldn't get comfortable. "Set" the A/C to 66 but it never actually came on, and the thermostat showed anywhere from 70-72F during the night. ended up opening the vent window and the curtains in order to at least get a breeze. Spoke to the front desk and she said it should be fine, just make sure you set it to where you want it, and make sure the fan says "auto". Ok. 2nd night same rodeo. Another sweaty night. Just spoke to another person at the front desk, and she confirmed my thoughts - they have a master lock on where the A/C can be set so it won't go below 70 degrees F. Hotel should make mention of that on their website, cuz I never would have stayed here. I'm in the room right now and I have it "set" at 67, but the thermostat shows 73F

I'm a lifetime Platinum Marriott Member and am pretty irritated I need to open a window to try to keep cool at night.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Tim O, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear dawnpoole,

We tried reaching you before you checked out. I am so sorry we missed you.

Let me start by passing along my sincere apologies for the less than exceptional stay. I am very sorry we did not resolve your concerns while you were here. Providing comfortable rest is very important to us and I am disappointed we missed the mark with your visit. It also appears we provided some inaccurate information. Our air conditioning units default to 70-72 when the room is checked out in the system, but when a guest is checked in they should have full control over a greater range so it should have easily achieved 67. Our maintenance manager reset the unit in your room and tested the system. It now seems to be working properly.

To follow-up, we have reviewed troubleshooting processes with our team to avoid a similar occurrence in the future. I do hope we have another opportunity to make a first impression. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you are returning to Calgary so that I may personally make the arrangements for you.

Tim Ostrem, General Manager