“Wonderful Service!”

Ranked #22 of 4,000 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$15 - US$34
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Inspired by Wellington's Fine Dining of Calgary, the CattleBaron Steakhouse and Bar was created and designed as a casual alternative for the upscale steak enthusiast. Soon recognized as Calgary's premiere casual steakhouse, the CattleBaron offers our guests the finest quality Alberta beef, carefully selected wines, and world famous western hospitality and service. Using the freshest ingredients and homemade recipes passed on for all to enjoy. From business clientele to families alike, our guests can enjoy lunch or dinner in a comfortable atmosphere that is both affordable and relaxed.
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

We had a table of nine (five young kids) and our server Evan went above and beyond to keep everyone happy. He answered all of our questions about the menu, refilled our drinks and met our requests in a timely manner. He was lively and funny and made our meal enjoyable. The food was delicious - I had prime rib, twice baked potato and the champagne strawberry cheesecake. I liked that they had a kids menu. My kids had the kids prime rib and Mac and cheese.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Great food.. quality and selection.
Awesome decor and atmosphere
Attentive friendly server.thank you Angie!
Well worth a visit

Reviewed 13 July 2016

If you're looking for the best steaks, The Cattle Baron is a must visit and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
My wife had steak oscar which was cooked to perfection and I had the best prime rib ever!
Our server was friendly and very attentive, continually making sure everything was to our liking. We ate in the lounge which has a nice casual and warm atmosphere.
Highly recommended!!!

2  Thank Dalry1978
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Yesterday I went back to my absolute favourite place to eat- Calgary's Cattle Baron. It is Stampede week in Calgary and the place was packed! And I will say that this probably stepped up their game a notch! The service was amazing and as you will see in the picture, the quality and presentation of the food is absolutely second to none! I can't say enough about this restaurant and their staff- it truly is a World Class Establishment. I had the Signature Cowboy cut 20oz Rib Steak and it was over an inch thick and Bruno cooked it to absolute perfection. It was a "melt in your mouth" experience. If you have a steak anywhere else in Calgary- you are just denying yourself a truly culinary experience. Thanks to Diane, Andreas,Moe, and especially Chef Bruno- and the rest of the staff for always making it a great memory for me after having been there! Cheers!

2  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

I visited with my family of four (14 and 11 year olds). We all had nice steak as well as appetizers and desert. Everything was very tasty but nothing blew us away. A good solid steakhouse.

1  Thank Tensile