“delicious ramen without the wait!”
Review of Hapa Izakaya

Hapa Izakaya
Ranked #307 of 3,711 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 9 August 2016

I come here often for lunch with work, or for happy hour drinks. The staff is friendly and the ramen is GREAT - one of the more underrated ramen places in the city, without the crazy wait for a table. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 20 July 2016

We had dinner at Hapa Izakaya because it is close to our place and we love Japanese food. We all had ramen. The portions were just right, not too large. The broth was tasty and rich. The noodles were not overcooked, and the price is very competitive since we did not have to add any extras. For dessert I had the matcha brûlée. It was very well presented and again, just the right size for a dessert. Most of all it tasted excellent! The staff is friendly and polite. I definitely recommend Hapa Izakaya and will return to try some of their other dishes.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

I visited Hapa during their Happy Hour. Their HH menu selection is great! I ordered the negitoro, beef tataki and a small Daikon salad. All dishes tasted great, but I found they put too much sauce in the beef tataki. I shared my opinion with my server and she agreed that too much sauce was used. I was pleasantly surprised (and appreciate) that their manager has decided to comp me for the beef tataki. While some restaurants will only verbally apologize and do nothing, this place knows how to make things right. I will definitely return to Hapa next time when i visit Calgary.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

I went to Hapa Izakaya at lunch on a weekday specifically to try their Tokyo shoyu ramen.

The waitress said they import their ramen noodles from Japan.

The broth was very delicious and the noodles were the perfect consistency! It really felt like eating shoyu ramen back in Tokyo!

One difference would be the way they make their char shiu (it is grilled at Hapa) but my husband prefers Hapa's char shiu over any other ramen place!

I really am so happy to have found a place with the perfect ramen noodles!

I looked at the menu and some other dishes seemed a bit pricey but the ramen was very reasonably priced! Definitely recommend if you are looking for shoyu ramen instead of tonkotsu!

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

Our favourite Vancouver restaurant. Had no idea it was open in Calgary but had to stop in when we saw it. Happened to be Hapa Hour when most of the share plates are $5. Sampled all or favourites: Chicken Karage, Yaki Udon, Ishi Yaki, Emi Mayo. Do yourself a favour and give Hapa a try.