“Delicious food! ”

Ranked #301 of 3,709 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Northwest Calgary
Description: Cherry Inn has been a growing tradition to many families for 30 years. Our Menu has more than 180 items and many can be made without MSG and gluten free upon request.
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

My grandma and I along with my two young children stopped in here for a late lunch based on some of the reviews I had seen and we were not disappointed! The service was very good and prompt and our server (which I believe was the owner) was very accommodating to the kids. The wonton soup was amazing, my 4 year old ate every last drop of the broth! I really enjoyed the sizzling rice as well. The portions were excellent sizes and even though this is on the other end of the city for us we are looking forward to coming back!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Average Chinese food, Western style. We won't be back, as the last time we were there, the staff were arguing loudly, and then we found a dead moth in our food.

1  Thank Dawn R
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Went out of our way to find Cherry Inn since we are always looking for authentic Chinese. The service was terrific, friendly, efficient, no complaints there. But the food was like most other Chinese restaurants in Calgary. The usual dishes done in the usual way. Of course it's not that we couldn't have known, a glance at the menu on their web page would have told us this. And on the plus side, I did think their portions were quite generous. So in a way no surprises, also no surprise that the place was filled with mostly folks of European descent. Given the relatively high rating on TA I thought this place might be different, but it's not. That's not necessarily bad of course, depends on what you are looking for.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

As a longtime customer of Cherry Inn, I reviewed it several months ago, saying it was "hit or miss"... I've been back several times over the last few months and I have to say "WOW" they're back!!!! Service has never been a problem there - they've always been wonderful. The food has been equally, consistently wonderful. The wonton soup and ginger beef (to name a couple) is the best I've ever had...all their food is. Truly, the best Chinese food in Calgary, bar none! Do yourself a favour and go there!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

We found this restaurant through TripAdvisor as we wanted Chinese but wanted to avoid the parking issues of downtown Calgary. The restaurant is just off the Deerfoot and 64 Ave so is really easy to find and there is lots of parking. The menu is huge and they have many super dishes like Mango chicken. The spring rolls were very tasty, and the egg rolls had some coating so they were like no other egg rolls. I preferred the flavor of the spring rolls while my friend preferred the egg rolls. We shared a medium wonton soup that had delicious broth and was chock a block full of 15 pork wontons - best wonton soup ever! The servings are all large and each plate has more than enough for two people with left overs. We had rice, Moo Gu Gai Pan and Pork with green onions and could not finish the plates. And tasty - marvellous chinese food. Service was excellent and quick. Super value for the dinner as the two apps, a medium wanton soup with 15 wontons and the three dishes cost less than $55. We drank the green tea provided and it was most enjoyable.