All reviews corner desk pancake making machine good size yogurt next morning minute drive free breakfast front desk staff shuttle driver quiet location sunridge mall would stay here again great pool coffee maker free shuttle industrial area breakfast room
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I am an IHG Rewards Club member and chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the Calgary airport. I checked in late and checked out early. My room was comfortable and fully equipped. I could hear some noise from the highway but it wasn't too bad. Free breakfast was included, there were cheese omelets, sausages, turkey sausages, breads, cereals, yogurt and juice. it would have been nice if they had a lounge on-site where I could have gotten a glass of wine to unwind after travelling.
Regardless it was clean and comfortable and I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
GM_HIEAirportCalgary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

TLG444,
Thank you so much for your review at our location. We appreciate you being a IHG Rewards Club Member. I am very happy that you had a great and relaxing stay with us. I am sorry about the noise that you heard in the hallway. We hope to see you back at our location soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Spent two nights here while on business. Great location, close to some great restaurants. Quick, friendly and efficient checkin and express checkout. The room was comfortable with lots of room. The bed was great. Large walk in shower. Reasonable breakfast; good choices. Will stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review at our location. We appreciate you comments about our location and I am very happy that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you back at our location soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I booked the 2 room 3 bed room. Its the only one they have. You pay a premium for this room.
1. At approximately 9:50 am I phoned to inquire about early check in and was informed room wouldnt be ready till 3 pm. Not a problem, worth a shot. Arriving at hotel, roughly 4:10 ish pm I tried to check in and was told room wasn't ready yet. I was upset by this. We eventually got into the room 435ish pm

2. Upon entering the private bedroom there is a fully capable wall mount even a T.V remote but no T.V

3. Arriving at hotel 10:45 pm(left @ 5:30 pm) proceeded to enter the room with myself and the 2 boys. We start to take showers and only 2 towels. In addition had to shower fast because drain isnt working properly

4. Entered the bedroom go to open the window for fresh air and you xan see the pic.

5. Go to laydown on the bed and makes lots of noise and see the pic.

Now for the good things.

1. Upon delay at check in was guven 2k points because room was not ready. Understandable but still frustrating.

2 . When i noticed the TV missing I call down because I dont want to be charged plus I want to watch TV privately. Maint came up. While dealing with TV issue front desk called because of the late check in and I mentioned the TV and was told no TV for the room and Manager would call.

True to there word, Manager called and apologized about late check in and standard excuse reply we were full, (I have worked in the industry and stay in hotels constantly and last time I checked, not our problem). I explained to Manager I stay there often including a booking for the upcoming weekend. The Manager adjusted the rack rate for this stay, gave me instructions for my upcoming stay.

Upon hearing all this, I was quite happy and pleased with HIE response that is till I returned to the room at 10:45 pm. I wasn't originally gonna post a review but coming back to my room, no towels, busted bed and crappy drain put me over the top. Not to mention no TV in the bedroom. Back when the recession hit in 2014, every room rented was a bonus and customer service was impeccable. I have stated in previous reviews you get what you pay for, Well I paid a hell of a lot more than what I got. HIE Calgary Airport used to be my fav but now will wait and see how they respond this coming weekend. Lastly put the tv back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 643patrickt
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Hi Patrick T,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary for your lodging needs and for leaving us feedback.

I regret that the check in process did not come out as efficient as we wanted it to be. I also understand that you had issues with the television and beds. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and I appreciate your feedback. I take these matters seriously and we wouldn't want any untoward incidents happening in the future. Your comments are specifically addressed to our maintenance team for immediate action.

Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is, Patrick T!

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We stayed at this property in late May 2018 while attending our grandson's high school graduation. While the staff is very friendly and most helpful, and the location is good if you're needing a place near the airport, I was quite disappointed by the condition of this property.

As you can see in the photos provided, the towels were frayed with threads hanging down, the hotel carpet had lifted in several locations in the hallways causing tripping hazards, and the stairwell had not been vacuumed in some time. It was dirty the first day I arrived and was only dirtier on the third day when I checked out. I heard other people mention it as well. All this really needs is a pair of scissors to trim the towel frays, a carpet layer to stretch the carpet, and a vacuum to clean up the dirt. Simple solutions to make the placer look and feel better.

The hotel may want to pay attention to the company refilling the vending machines. I purchased a can of diet coke from the pop machine in the lobby and it was stale-dated by five months. The very pleasant front desk clerk apologized and quickly refunded my $2, and I walked next door to the Sandman to get a fresh can.

The front desk clerk checking us in was also very pleasant, welcoming and helpful. She gave us a room away from the elevator and was a good representative of the hotel.

We were also pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast. We typically don't expect much at a hotel breakfast, but over the days we were there, we were surprised to find bacon, pork sausage, turkey sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese omelettes, muffins, as well as the typical breakfast fare. The staff attending to the breakfast room seemed to work non-stop to keep the food replenished and the area clean. We were impressed with this aspect.

With respect to the room, there was a coffee maker, a microwave, sink and decent-sized fridge. Unfortunately, there is no safe in the room, which meant we had to carry our valuables with us. The TV is also incredibly tiny for this room, and can only be watched from bed.The beds are typical of the Holiday Inn Express, so our expectations aren't terribly high. That said, the rooms are of good size.

We had an adjoining room and heard much of what happened in the room next door, including a lot of their conversation and their son practicing his karate. Had there been no door, it would've been quieter.

In spite of the friendly, professional staff, I doubt I'll stay again at this property. With the competition nearby, I'll likely look elsewhere for my next visit.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator and ask for a room without adjoining doors.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan Z

Hello Susan Z,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. I am very happy that you found our staff commendable. We pride ourselves since we advocate true hospitality. I am also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast selection.

On the other hand, it is unfortunate that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay due to the general condition of the property, from the towels, the hallway carpet, the stair to the un- refilled vending machines. We are very sorry for we failed to make your stay more worthwhile. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We've stayed here twice this year, and although the staff bend over backwards for guests (which is greatly appreciated), the property is in need of a renovation. Walls and elevator cabs are noticeably scuffed, tiles are chipped, and the bathroom(s) have mildew and mold. On a personal note, two room lights were burnt out and we found the AC difficult to navigate. Given our experiences at other HIE properties it’s hard to recommend this location.

Room Tip: Two restos are within walking: Chop (okay for a chain) Moxies (can not recommend)
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Hi AvidTravelerEdmonton,

I appreciate you for staying at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

I'm sorry that the condition of the hotel negatively affected your stay. I also recognize that you had issues with the lights and air-conditioning unit. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and I am sorry for letting you feel otherwise. Your review is important to us and comments from valued guests like you would be used to improve our facilities and amenities. I have already brought up your comments to the hotel's attention and necessary actions will be taken to avoid the same inconvenience in the future.

On the upside, good to know that you and you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff. The management team will use your compliments to acknowledge our staff.

I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better experience upon your return, AvidTravelerEdmonton!

All the best,