All reviewsheated toilet seatblue lightl'occitane toiletriesrecommend hotelgreat hotelheated floorsunderground parkingbedroom suiterestaurants and shopscomplimentary breakfastave swgreat showerrain shower headlight switchesdowntown calgarymini barloved this hotel
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Very nice hotel, comfy and clean. Staff was friendly and quick to help or try to fix any issues. Lots of food and shopping within walking distance. Reasonably priced. This was our second stay here, would recommend!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephen S, Guest Services Supervisor at Hotel Elan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hello Karen C,

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate your feedback about your stay.

Our staff take great pride in making sure that you have an enjoyable stay and fix any issues that you might have in a timely manner. We are glad that you decided to stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We had a opportunity to go to Calgary for a few days and we’re
Recommend by a friend hotel elan.
From the moment we checked in Stephen at the front desk was so professional and friendly. Everything was perfect:) love the location & the staff are all super friendly. Great value. We will return for sure:) thank you

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Elaine D,

Our location makes for so many different restaurants and bars to check out as well our staff are very knowledgeable about the area and friendly as well.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I spent one week at Hotel Elan while in Calgary for business. I cannot say enough good things about the quality of the room, the service, and the location of the hotel. I would recommend and am already booked to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Hello Nikolas M,

Our staff are always glad to hear when someone has an amazing stay with us. And the location is amazing since there are so many different restaurants and bars to check out while you are with us.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and I enjoyed finding (via TripAdvisor) this intriguing hotel in SW downtown Calgary.

I liked the decor though I’d probably call it “austere modern hip”. (I generally prefer a bit more luxurious carpet to welcome my feet when I hop out of bed!). The red accents throughout caught my eye. The large mounted plexiglass pictures of flowers on most walls got to be a tad garish but, hey, it’s part of the ambience. The furnishing were utilitarian with some nice red colour touches.

Technologically, the hotel was nifty. Every room had its own WiFi set up which was very nice. The wall-mounted tv had Telus channels and on demand which provided lots of options for those who like to watch from bed. Instead of the familiar door knob hanging sign, “Make up room/Do not disturb”, Elan has a cool button system which when pushed inside the room, lights a small panel outside the door. There’s a microwave in the room as well as one of those Keurig coffee machines with assorted tea/coffee possibilities (but no little containers of milk/cream). In wall USB ports for smart phones and Kindles etc.

The bathroom: So they have HEATED TOILET SEATS! That’s a first for me. I suggest the medium warm setting at least for a first try! Fixtures at the sink were workable and attractive. The shower was big enough for my amplitude which is not common. Perhaps its vanity but I think of myself as moderately intelligent and, frankly, it took several tries before I could figure out how to work the various shower controls - which seems a bit “much” for a shower! However, the glass enclosing the shower area was all the way to the ceiling and the glass door left only about four inches of open space at the top. While this mostly “closed” showering space made it warm, it also had the unpleasant consequence of making it a bit difficult to breathe - so if you have asthma or COPD breathing issues, be conscious.

The Elan prides itself - rightfully - on being very environmentally conscious. They have a 1% surcharge on the bill to facilitate their “green efforts”. I didn’t mind paying that 1% at all - especially in Calgary which seems to be Canada’s energy epicenter.

Happy to recommend Hotel Elan as a lovely upscale place to stay!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Myerthehuman

Hello Myerthehuman,

The heated toilet seats are a super popular feature with our hotel. And the 1% surcharge that we have on all our reservations helps us keep the world a little greener.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Hotel Elan is new, easy to access and in a quiet street near a great food strip. The service was very good. Only minor criticism, true of all hotels so far in Canada, is that the rooms are overheated and bedding too heavy for 20+ degrees C.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Nick H,

Being located near 17 Ave gives our guests so many options for food in the evening. We are sorry that the blankets were a little heavy for you. If you contact the hotel we are able to get you a lighter blanket for future stays if you would like.