“A hidden gem”

Cracovia European Deli and Food Market
Ranked #1,453 of 3,875 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Deli, Polish
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

We had stopped into the London Drugs at Heritage Plaza and as we turned north to leave the parking lot I saw the huge banner for Cracovia. We immediately pulled in. Walking in the door you are hit with the fabulous aroma of smoked sausages. This is more than a deli though. The store is packed with all sorts of pantry items - dried soups, sauces, jams, soups in jars, cake mixes, chocolate, spices, fresh rye breads, poppy seed buns and so much more. At the back of the store is the deli section. Lots of smoked sausages, cold cuts, cheeses, cakes and prepared foods. There is a small dining section at the front of the store. Next time we stop in we'll definitely be having lunch there. We found the store to be extremely clean and the staff very polite and helpful. I'm glad we found this little gem.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

I've always been intrigued by this place, and I got overwhelmed when I decided to finally come in because there were a lot of choices! There were lots of tea and chocolates and coffee and snacks that I've never tried before. Their desserts were pretty delicious as well!

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Pleasant people, great efficient service, nicely stocked with a great variety of cured meats from a Red Deer supplier. Line up on the right hand side and start with cold cuts, followed by sausages, cheese and top it off with a hot food selection.
Then proceed to the cash and find your car in the large lot outside. The building is between Toscana and London Drugs.

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Oh the Pate!
Wonderful texture. Light, not over powering flavour.
My mind wandered back to my days touring Europe.
I am returning better prepared on my next visit. So much choice! Fabulous deli meats. Cheese dreams are made of. And Heavenly desserts......
Sweets, beverages, on and on and on!

Reviewed 19 March 2015

We buy all of our deli meat, including bacon, sausage, and cold cuts at Cracovia. The meats are prepared in Canada in the Polish style and the results are awesome. My husband is from Poland, and this deli stops him from getting too homesick! Fresh bread is brought in daily, and we often buy our poppyseed buns, pickles, mustards, puddings, and cream cheese here. You will never find more selections of mustards and herbta (tea), and the prices for both are way lower than any grocery store. We will often pick up something for lunch and eat it in the deli. There are only three tables, and they are almost always full. I recommend the bigos, cygaro, potato salad, and the biała kiełbasa with sauerkraut. The cakes and cheese counter also have lots of delicious choices. We often pick up chocolate and candies here, as well.

1  Thank Laurinska