“Great soups”

Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 June 2017

On a cold windy day. This was the place to be. Yummy hot soup. Large serves with fresh vegetables, noodles and wontons. Delicious. Friendly waitress. Help yourself to water. Put you dirty dishes in the area provided, all working like clockwork.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 31 May 2017

This is a very busy, well-oiled business with excellent food and community-minded staff. Christina visited my table to apologize for mistaking my order as take-out when I was actually dining-in, she cared about the minor mix-up more than I did.
Not much to look at from the outside, but easy to find, visible from Barlow Trail. The restaurant was welcoming & bigger than I expected and it (and the washrooms) were very clean. I had the Wor Won-ton Soup loaded with BBQ Pork, noodles & veggies. It was delicious! Made to order, timely, piping hot and gigantic! I had to take half of it home. So in a way, Christina was right!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Not a fancy place but it is one of my favorites for a steaming bowl of wonton soup at lunch time! A meal in itself! Have not tried many of their other dishes as it is a distance from our house so usually only go for lunch!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Years ago I would frequently pick up War Won Ton from Kings, you would get two containers, one filled with veggies and broth, one with the wontons and more broth, it was a great, great deal and was a bargain for the price. The last time I went I got one container, same size as the others were, but just one. I'm thinking it was bought out in the last nine years or so, and as with most restaurants, when new owners come in they change things, and never for the better. It's no longer a bargain for the price, but now over priced for what you get. Even the size of the bowl when eating in is smaller. There's nothing special about Kings any longer.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Nice wait staff sat me down right away. Ordered the speacal. 2 eggs bacon and toast 8.99 Not to bad. Had my eggs steamed and the bacon was ok lots of jam for the toast. I'd like to come back sometime for the soup. Used to be awsome yrs ago..

Date of visit: April 2017