“Best place for cheese in Calgary”
Review of Janice Beaton Fine Cheese - CLOSED

Janice Beaton Fine Cheese
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Calgary's ultimate cheese destination! The cheese case is our defining feature at Janice Beaton. We focus on traditional and unique; hard to find, quality cheeses from farmstead producers. We cut-to-order and take pride in the pristine condition of each wheel of cheese. We also carry a wide selection of accompaniments to satisfy all of your entertaining and gifting needs including: house made condiments, crackers and terrines; local breads, artisanal charcuterie, olives, crackers, dried fruit, oils, vinegars and unique cheese accessories.
Reviewed 22 October 2015

We bought Canadian cheeses, very nice, and the employee very knowledgeable. Not cheap, but in Canada cheeses are expensive.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

I can't tell you how wonderful this little shop is. If you present receipt from Farm restaurant you get 10% off. We were able to try delicate little morsels and make our cheese selections. There is something called a grilled cheese bar with oooeeey gooeey to die for grilled cheese sandwiches. Counting down the days till I return.

Reviewed 21 June 2015

I have lived in the Lower Mount Royal area, and since moved, but Janice Beaton's is a bi-weekly stop for me for my treat of delicious cheese from around the world. They are perfect for a snack for yourself, or for creating a delicious cheese platter for entertaining. The staff are very friendly and helpful (generous with offering samples as well), they seek to find what suits your pallet and are very knowledgeable. My only disappointment would be the one time I ordered a grilled cheese to take away for my lunch I was disappointed as it was smothered in mustard masking the taste of the cheese, and a little burnt on the bread. But the cheese, you cannot fault!

Reviewed 14 October 2014

Stopping at Janice Beaton is a must every time we are in Calgary and this trip was no exception.

We picked up some wonderful fresh cheeses for Thanksgiving appetizers. All of the cheese is extremely fresh and so tasteful. The people working at JB also know their stuff. Tell them what you are serving and they can make suggestions on what cheese to use/serve.

I also picked up some JB flatbread which was a big hit!

Reviewed 27 September 2014

This is a great cheese shop with an amazing selection. Staff are knowledgeable. If you want to try, then just ask. The place is not inexpensive but it is hard to find quality, knowledge and selection together.