“Look at the VALUE! Great food, what counts!”

Zaika Biryani House
Ranked #1,992 of 3,855 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Pakistani
Reviewed 29 May 2015

I was shocked to read some of the comments that related to the place not
being open at times or other communicaton trivia, that lowered the rating of this fantastic eating place.
The prices, specially the buffet is very reasonable for tasty and home style
cooking of this family run no frills eatery. I love tasty; but not over-spiced or
not heavily salted food! There is no alcohol in this Pakistani family restaurant and
at times children may be a bit noisy, however the negatives are dwarfed by the
generous meat dishes cooked by the owner and his crew.Excellent fresh real
Tandoor Naan is served with the meals! Usually one of his
son's are working the tables but it is mostly the buffet for great aromatic dishes that makes this place a great one for good and reasonably priced one for an outing.
If you are hungry for a great meal, I can simpy say this is it!

Reviewed 25 March 2015

The service is below average. They didn't come to us after they supplied what we ordered. In between, one fellow started vacuuming in between our eating time. Price is competitive, but not much cleanliness, especially the washroom and floor.
Not liked.Not customer oriented .

3  Thank monu1
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is the most flavorful biryani I've ever had. If you're not sure what that is - think Indian food. I take comfort in the fact that i'm typically the only white guy in the restaurant - that's authentic. The whole experience is authentic - meaning don't expect fancy decor, or good "western" service - that's not here. More like a cafeteria. I give it a high rating, because i'm here for the food - not for the decor, etc.
You can't go wrong for a $14 dinner buffet though - the value is spectacular. The chicken biryani (like fried rice) is amazing, as is the naan bread. They typically have 4-6 meat curries, and 2-4 veggies curries going. The butter chicken and beef curry are my favorites. They also have a yogurt/fruit dessert - simple, but it helps deaden the burning. The food is very authentic (read - spicy!) be prepared!
As mentioned, the service is essentially non-existent - so if you want a chai masala for dessert - find someone that works there, and ask for one - it's delicious.
Also - the owners I believe are muslim - so don't show up during ramadan during the day. If in doubt, phone first to be sure the buffet is on.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Go for the lunch buffet. Friendly service, extremely accomodating staff. Friendly chef/owner. Not fancy, not formal, not fine dining, but simply one of the best meals you will find. Food can be a little spicy. Very reasonable prices. Kind of out of the way, but well worth the trip. Don't pass this one by.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've driven past this place at least 50 or 60 times on my way to Pacific Place and managed to get some take out before the lunch rush. There's lots of parking as it's in one of the business strip malls. The main attraction of this place is the lunch buffet. It had a small selection of food mostly chicken, (3 types that day), a couple of vegetarian dishes and salad and some fruit. Cost is around $11 which is pretty reasonable for a buffet. The menu for take-out is a bit confusing so I asked the lady what there was and she pointed me to the menu that I couldn't really understand. I ended up with Chicken Biriyani which she told me had 3 pieces of chicken and rice. The cost was $6.29. That sounded really cheap to me except that the 3 pieces of chicken basically consisted of the tops of 3 small drumsticks and the rest of the container was biriyani rice. The flavour was decent but you are really paying a lot for rice. There wasn't enough chicken to go with the rice and you got a small container of raita which I didn't care for. The food was okay but I question the amount of chicken that was given. I might go back to try the all-you-can eat buffet ($10.99) just to taste the rest of the dishes (4 meat and 4 vegetarian dishes, mostly chicken for the meat) but I would give this a miss for take-out.

1  Thank Eswina N