All reviews calgary airport full kitchen great hotel living room waffle machine kitchen area free breakfast yogurt an extended stay front desk staff short drive shuttle service excellent breakfast free shuttle would definitely stay here again comfy bed fitness center
Reviewed 18 January 2016

We have stayed in many different price-point hotels throughout the world and this was one of the best values. We had a 'team rate' for three nights while we participated in an amateur sports tournament in the area.
Breakfast was one of the best I have ever had. Loads of hot and cold selection - including many healthy options. It was always fresh, hot and replenished. Every morning you could count on finding the staples but there was always something new to try everyday.
One morning, three teams staying in the hotel would need to head off to their games BEFORE the breakfast was scheduled to open. The hotel management made arrangements for these three teams to have an earlier breakfast in one of their conference rooms. That is GREAT SERVICE.
My room was also one of the best I have ever had. Loads of space. The desk was actually large enough to spread out the work that I brought with me AND still have room for my laptop. The bathroom was tastefully laid out and NOT next to the kitchen/eating area. It also had drawers and cupboards so the countertop could remain clutter free. The kitchen was bigger than some of apartment kitchens I had in my University days. The L-shaped couch felt like a 'real homestyle' sofa.
They paid attention to some small details too - like the tray by the phone for small items from your pocket and the valet hook/rack by the door where you could hang car keys and stow your room card.
The fitness room was one of the best that I have ever seen- at least in terms of cardio equipment. Loads of windows mad it a bright, energizing place to be. It was obviously not a design 'after-thought'. There is even a separate room for stretching, yoga or relaxation.
The salt water pool was average but the kids enjoyed it. As an adult, the only thing I missed from this hotel-stay was a hot tub.
Staff were attentive but not interfering. They were pleasant and patient.
It was a very enjoyable experience.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room tip: pool and fitness room is on third floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2016

I loved the space that my friend and I had in our room, I stayed a week and the breakfast was good, Aleks the front desk agent was very friendly, the workout and pool area was amazing, could of used a hot tub though!

One issue that's preventing a 4 star is that we suspect the house keeper on the 5th floor between January 12th-14th stole my friends polarized sunglasses that she NEEDS because she had surgery on her eye which without the glasses causes her MASSIVE migraines. I would love them returned to her as I hate seeing her suffer massive migraines. We need this issue solved asap please!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
AC-AGM, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Dear Jordan7373,
Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Calgary Airport and for providing us with feedback about your stay. It's great to read about your positive breakfast experience and our amazing workout and pool areas. I will certainly share your comments with the team regarding the friendliness of Aleks from the front desk.
We have done an investigation regarding the lost item so please feel free to contact us and we will provide you with an update. I trust that your friend is feeling better and we look forward to speak with her. Thank you again for choosing the Marriott.
Sincerely.
Anthony C.
AGM

Reviewed 14 January 2016

We stayed in a Residence Inn Suite for 1 night before a very early flight. We took the free shuttle from the hotel where we only waited for about 10 minutes. The room is amazingly spacious with desk, sofa, and a kitchen with all the amenities. The bed is very comfortable and all our needs were accounted for.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights while in Calgary for business. The rooms were modern, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was one of the best I've had at any residence inn or courtyard. The staff were very helpful, we were sick and they happily sent us up lemon, honey and a kettle. Would highly recommend this hotel. We got an excellent rate and it was fantastic value for money.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ang2982
Reviewed 30 December 2015

I've stayed here twice and it's an incredible hotel. The beds are very comfortable, and the rooms are great. Kitchen, Living room, clean and so much better than a regular hotel. Also the breakfast is delicious! Would highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: December 2015