“Long Time Customer And Still Loving It”

Apex Massage Therapy
Ranked #20 of 96 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: Apex Massage Therapy Ltd is a group of well-educated massage therapists who care about their clients.Established in 1994, our team of Registered Massage Therapists are available 7 days a week to offer therapeutic, pregnancy, sports or couples massage.
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I've been going to Apex Massage bimonthly for 2 1/2 years now. I had tried several places downtown before settling on Apex and have been really happy. I've consistently been impressed with the quality of massages. I really like that there is virtually no pressure to re-book, and especially no pressure to re-book with the same therapist.

I've tried several of the therapists and found a range of skill from average to excellent. They offer a few different techniques, which is great. I've always felt really good after a massage and find them, for the most part, responsive to my specific needs.

I also find the therapists not terribly chatty, or at least able to gauge how much I want to chat. Personally, I like a quiet massage where I can be lost in my own thoughts and I've always received that at Apex.

A few times they've even followed up to provide additional stretches that I can do at home. I really like that extra time and thought they put into me and that they care that I get feeling better.

I saw some other reviews bringing up the music. Most of the time I'm treated to some contemporary acoustic music (AAA style), usually I recognize a few of the tracks and I really like that. I'm not a big fan of "spa music", which I find cheesy. I was only there once when they were playing something I didn't like and the therapist changed the music for me without any complaint.

The price is a bit higher than other places, which isn't great, but obviously it doesn't bother me enough to switch. If you subscribe to their newsletter, they send out discounts from time to time so it's not always shy of a $100 bill.

It's rather close to where I live in Sunnyside. I like to take the train to Banff Trail station and it's a short walk from there, although not always so pleasant if it's raining or snowing that day. They don't have any bike locks, unfortunately.

I usually do massages when I have a weekday off, so I haven't had any issues booking. I've had several days where I've called when they open and been able to get a massage in a couple hours. If I plan on going on a weekend or evening, I try to book a week ahead of time and have never had problems. They always seem really accommodating, patient and helpful.

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

I've been coming here for a long time and have had various therapists and they have all been great! I won't go anywhere else.

Reviewed 21 November 2014

I submitted for a massage on Thursday morning for a Saturday massage.

The website promotes being able to get in "We guarantee same day appointments when you call prior to 10:00am weekdays. When you have pain, you don’t want to wait. When you’re busy you don’t want to be told the only available appointment is at 2:00pm on a Monday"

Now for two days notice I thought I could get in however when I called on Friday they were completely booked up for the entire weekend. The lady didn't even look to see if me appointment was made. I had to specifically ask 3 times. and was given no other option to book.

If you are booked full, you should call the client right away to book at another time!

Usually love this place.... not sure now.....

1  Thank Nicole G
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The new space is amazing. This place is conveniently located, clean and nice. I would give it a MUCH higher rating if they fixed 2 issues: SOUNDS! You hear people in the waiting room and conversations in adjoining rooms. And the MUSIC is dreadful. Both times I visited (with different therapists) the music was emo indie. Not only was it depressing, but obnoxious. Please, please, play spa music or at least something without vocals. Everyone's music tastes are different, it would be smart to play it safe with traditional spa music. All I could focus on during both massages were the noises I was hearing and the horrible music - NOT RELAXING.

5  Thank Ttttttthhhh
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I had my first appointment at Apex last week and liked the atmosphere of the spa, the friendly reception and the prices. I also loved that they displayed a sign that explains how they do not expect tips and it is the clients sole discretion to do so.
However, the room I had my massage in was very brightly lit up because the blinds on the large window let in far too much sunlight ( I don't like to feel like Im on display laying naked on the table). Also, there was no mirror in the room to primp after the massage.
I had scheduled a 1 hour massage and after waiting on the table for almost 10 minutes after undressing my RMT then started my massage almost 10 minutes late and finished at the scheduled end time. I would have expected the massage to last a whole hour. She was very friendly though and I felt at ease, even though half way through she seemed preoccupied with something for several minutes...I have no idea what, but you can tell when only one hand is massaging and strangely.
Im sorry for the poor review, as everyone was very friendly, but I think a few things could have been better.
I think I may go back again because the prices are great and the atmosphere and people were nice but ,maybe Ill request a better room and different RMT.

4  Thank Amanda P