“Good food and attentive service”

Kinjo Sushi & Grill - Macleod
Ranked #283 of 3,709 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Reviewed 15 August 2016

This is a popular place that also offers online delivery and pick up orders. The service is generally fast and friendly and the menu is loaded with options. My friend (who goes here often) raved about the grilled scallops, but unfortunately ours were not prepared properly - when we mentioned it to the waiter he instantly apologized, took them off our bill, and the chef came out to visit us, too. The rest of our food was terrific. The complimentary sample rolls and Pocky Sticks are a nice touch.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I'm the designer and fabricator that came up with the anti-tip boats you see in the Kinjo restaurants. Peter is a top notch guy to deal with and after we built the run of "Sushi boats" we thought we would go down and try out his food. It was excellent and I'm not even really a big fan of Sushi. I can honestly say he actually converted me!

His staff are fast and very professional, depending on when you go you will find the popularity of the restaurant is one of the only real drawbacks, because you may have to wait. This is how all great places are though, so I can live with it!

I have to admit, I've done theater performances and still when Peter made a huge scene in the whole restaurant to thank me for the new boats I actually probably blushed! He is a fantastic guy with a heart of gold.

Dave S. @ Nerv Industries

Reviewed 17 July 2016

At 5:30, on a cloudy Saturday, the place was already packed. We took that as a positive sign for things to come. Our 13-year old *really* wanted the boat experience, so we sat at the counter.

Our waiter, Brian, was quick to attend and kept an eye on us through the visit. He was great!

Since my wife does not eat sushi, she went for the Ginger Beef and Yam Tempura. By all accounts, it was good.

Our son dived in to the boat offerings (I helped!) He was very impressed by the experience. I thought the various Maki offerings were okay. The spicy rolls sauce was too much mayo and too little spicy.

My biggest complaint would be the lack of Nigiri on the boat. I should have asked Brian for the menu/order sheet, but we were going for the experience.

In the end, if we go back (likely just the boy and I), I will order more from the menu and less from the boat. Who know, maybe the rating go up based on that experience.

TL:DR
In the end: Kinjo Sushi was a perfectly adequate experience. I don't think it is the best sushi in YYC, but I have had *way* worse.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Waiters are very friendly to the customers, espiecially to kids. I really enjoyed the time there and I hope I will come back there :)

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Brian (head chef) and the pocky guy are awesome! Sushi was great, staff is very friendly, and location ideal. Will come back soon !