“Charming Place with Excellent Food!”

Patisserie Du Soleil Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #298 of 3,810 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I'd say one of the best café in Calgary! I've spent a lot of afternoons at this place with precious friends. The food is good and the ambiance is just perfect for late lunch or high tea. High tea is a must try! And don't miss out on the cannoli (my favorite)!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

While out biking in Fish Creek Park, I emerged from the valley trail system on my bike sweaty, huffing and puffing; much in need of water. After dawdling through a few streets and passing up chain shops like Tims, I ended up by a strip mall, unsure of where exactly I was. I noticed this rather nice-looking cafe with classy but casual decor. Everything about the place just stated very strongly, "Je suis Francais". I only wanted water, as I had a lunch date later with my wife and son. I prepared myself for the typical rude response as I asked for a glass of water. There was water available for the taking, and my gaze fell upon an assortment of pastries. Having worked in fine dining for years, I can spot quality when I see it almost immediately. I quickly selected a blueberry Danish. I began to feel oddly excited as I took the Danish outside, making use of the al-fresco area outside the picture windows of the cafe.

That Blueberry Danish was the best pastry of any kind that I have ever enjoyed in my 34 years here on Earth. I went back into the cafe, and tears literally formed as I realized that this was possibly the best goddamn cafe in Calgary, but stuck down in the SW with minimal exposure. The tears came as a result of my love for good restaurants of all kinds. I looked around woozily, still exhausted and sweating from the bike excursion. I couldn't rightly eat; there was the lunch date. So, dear Patisserie, I shall be back, with my wife and little son, who are both quite enthusiastic about quality food as well. (He cries lots of tears when he's hungry, rather than brought to tears by good danishes)

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Love the place go there on average 2 to 3 times. Friendly staff and wide variety of pastries in addition yo their breakfast menu . Good hot beverage menu love their London Fog

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We are regulars at Patisserie - great menu of brunch items as well as great selection of pastries. The High Tea is a delight and has to be on a similar level to High Tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria

Reviewed 29 July 2017

I have gone to my new doctor a few times in the last 3 months and been passing by this very busy establishment. This morning though, I had a few minutes to spare prior to my next appointment so I decided to drop by.

It turned out to be a great decision on my part as the pastries that I bought from them were all delectable. The restaurant area was very busy and there was no table to spare - a true indication that this place is supported by the local clienteles.

I bought a box of assorted pastries and sweets and a couple of croissants and a few loaves of bread and I was very happy with the quality of the pastries and the bread. A little disappointed with the croissants as they were very bready in the middle. However, the exterior layer were very crisp and buttery, the way croissants should be.

Will definitely come back!

3  Thank yycflip