“J’ai été heureux...”

Patisserie Du Soleil Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #278 of 3,835 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I have gone to my new doctor a few times in the last 3 months and been passing by this very busy establishment. This morning though, I had a few minutes to spare prior to my next appointment so I decided to drop by.

It turned out to be a great decision on my part as the pastries that I bought from them were all delectable. The restaurant area was very busy and there was no table to spare - a true indication that this place is supported by the local clienteles.

I bought a box of assorted pastries and sweets and a couple of croissants and a few loaves of bread and I was very happy with the quality of the pastries and the bread. A little disappointed with the croissants as they were very bready in the middle. However, the exterior layer were very crisp and buttery, the way croissants should be.

Will definitely come back!

3  Thank yycflip

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Went here on a Friday night where they had a musician playing and singing. The food was great and the free entertainment is a plus. I would definitely come back here again especially Friday nights. The bakery is also awesome and reasonably priced. Best bang for your buck in my opinion.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

My families been supporting this restaurant since it opened. Because we love it! Great menu, no fuss and you can take desert home along with a nice French stick for breakfast. The food is great! Since my last review, Patisserie has extended hours on certain night s and added live music on Friday nights. What a great place.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

First time there this month and tried out for myself as our friends have recommended this restaurant for a while. I ordered Prime Rib Beef Dip with mushroom. It was very good as beef was very tender and the dip was quite tasty. Our friends ordered Beef Bourguignon which was excellent and the serving was very generous and good value. On this Friday there was entertainment by a couple of singers. The lady had a very good voice.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Had lunch here last week and ordered the prime rib sandwich. The baguette was delicious and baked fresh on premises. That's a very nice touch. The beef however, was very dry and scarce. For the cost of the sandwich, there should have been twice the amount of meat there was. And the jus was so salty, it was inedible. My friend ordered the pizza and it was actually quite good for a little cafe, but not enough toppings. I always wonder why restaurants are so cheap on pizza toppings? Don't be afraid to splash a little more sauce on the pie.

The staff are very nice and the breads are delicious! It is a nice little place and though I was disappointed on the sandwich, I will try it again.