1,677 results
All reviewsomelette stationclose to the airportomelette barorder omelettescalgary airportgreat hotelbest westernscross iron millsfree breakfastking suitehash brownswaffle makerhot breakfastfront desk staffshuttle servicedeerfoot trailindustrial area
Reviewed 21 November 2016

I am a best western frequent user. I booked a stay at this hotel as me and my family had to be at the airport very early in the am for international travel. When booking enquired and was ensured of the shuttle service and wish to leave our vehicle for a week. When my wife checked in they had lost the reservation and it took them half an hour to find the booking. They informed that they had misspelled the name. Funny they had no problem spelling the name to charge my credit card. Then they informed that they had overbooked parking and we could not park for the week. On return flight the shuttle took over an hour to pick us up. After complaining about how deplorable the service was on both occasions they didnt seem the least bit concerned.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Stumoth
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

I don't blame you for being disappointing...I too am disappointing that your stay was not seamlessly efficient and to the standards that we expect to give all our guests. I am very sorry that you did not receive Premier service! I know with the changes at the airport and since the new terminal opened we have had some issues with locating guests at the correct pick up location. I hope to have corrected this with some additional training of our staff and don't anticipate there being issues in the future. I realize this doesn't help you with your experience but I do thank you for letting me know about your concern so that I can investigate and make changes. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the true service we strive to give all our guest.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Shuttle was parked in front of the main doors preventing anyone from parking and getting their luggage into the hotel. Front desk staff very nice and check in was good. Only one elevator was working at check-in. We reserved the airport shuttle for 04:30 and when we went to leave our fourth floor room, we could not get an elevator. We had to carry our six pieces of luggage down the four levels, making us late leaving the hotel where our breakfast bags were left. The shuttle driver dropped us of at the opposite end of the terminal the we needed, making us even later for check-in. Not an happy stay.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review and I would like to apologize for the the shuttles drivers lack of awareness of the needs of all our guests. It is actually policy for them to NOT leave the shuttle directly in the front entrance of the hotel and park on the opposite side of the driveway. i have already shared your comments with our team and emphasized how this can impact first and last impressions of our guests when they are at the hotel. I have also discussed the importance of understanding where guests need to be dropped off at the airport so that they don't have to walk too far with their luggage. Unfortunately elevator parts can breakdown and we do try to get them back up and running as quickly as possible so that our guests are not inconvenienced - I am sorry that you had to carry your luggage down the stairs! I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future!

Reviewed 10 November 2016

There is honestly nothing i could say negative about this hotel. Everything is clean, friendly, excellent breakfast beautiful decor. Just perfect. The shuttle too and from the airport was very prompt.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Hi Shelley, thank you for your five star rating. I appreciate your good feedback and I am glad to know that you had a perfect stay. We look forward to having you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

This Best Western hotel was easily accessible driving south on Highway 2, and took just a few minutes to reach the airport the next day. Parking was free in a large lot out the front of the hotel.

Check in was quick and I’d like to say efficient but another person was also keyed into our room opening the door as we were stretched out on the bed resting!

The room itself contained two queen size beds, so was a good size. The beds were very comfortable and the linen crisp. The air conditioning unit immediately next to the bed is a mistake and had to be switched off as it was quite loud and you don't want to sleep in a direct air flow. There was plenty of room to store our luggage. A microwave, coffeemaker, fridge and safe are standard fixtures. The bathroom was well lit with a shower over the bath. Pressure was good and hot water plentiful. There were plenty of thick towels and a variety of toiletries provided.

Internet was quick and free of charge.

The gym was one of the better equipped ones I’ve encountered in hotels – 2 treadmills, stepper, recline bike, free weights, bench, pin loaded machines, fit ball and mats. Water and towels are available. The pool, slide and hot tub were fully utilised by family groups. There is also a guest laundry.

We enjoyed a great dinner – my husband had the signature salad with chicken and I had the salmon and vegetables. The food was fresh, well cooked and beautifully presented.

Walls appear to be a little thin and we turned out the lights to the sound of a baby howling.

Breakfast was included and consisted of both hot and cold items – plenty of choices. The omelette station was a bonus!

I recommend the Best Western Freeport Inn and Suites and would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FreoCreatures

Hi FreoCreatures, thank you for your time in writing a detailed review about your recent stay with us and I appreciate the five star rating. I am sorry to hear about the mix up with the keys, I was able to speak with my staff during that day and reminded them to be very careful next time. I believe my senior desk agent went to your room to personally apologize for the mishap and I truly appreciate the kind gesture that you understand human errors occur sometimes. Again, I apologize for that. I am very delighted to know though that you generally had a great stay and have enjoyed the amenities that we offer. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

This is a great BW close to the airport. Nice rooms. Good restaurant. Lots of parking. Well appointed rooms. Free airport shuttle. Great pool and water slide for family's. Awesome breakfast. Definitely recommend it.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SF222

Thank you SF222 for your five star rating. I am happy to know that you had an excellent stay and was able to enjoy all that our premier hotel could offer. I appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to having you again.