“Drug bust outside room, no refund.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Village Calgary AB

Super 8 Village Calgary AB
Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
“Drug bust outside room, no refund.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

This scary motel is the worst I have ever seen and I am not picky. There was a drug bust right outside my door and right beside the pool in which my kids wanted to play. There were smashed windows, grungy beds, noisy outdated ac, and weird smells. Don't leave anything in your car when staying here. Lock everything up and be on before dark!

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank Mrsjpierson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
windsor ont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

Great stay,Great location, Great value •Staff was very nice •motel was quiet

Stayed Feb 2011 for two nights traveled on business

Room Tip: Great motel
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

Wow. I cannot believe how ripped off we both feel right now after staying one night at super 8. Thank god it was only for one night because I think that is more than enough for us.
We have been camping for the last few days, and after our stay here we cannot wait to go back to that.
They were very stingy to begin with, no conditioner just shampoo, one sachet of coffee and no tea, half a roll of toilet paper (We had to get some more in the morning) and about 80% of the channels on the T.V didn`t work. So much for cable. We had an o.k sleep in the bed and when we got up to our `continental breakfast` we were in utter shock. Ive stayed at hostels that had a better breakfast.
It was only 8am and they had pretty much ran out of everything to eat, why bother saying you will include breakfast if you don`t intend to cater for EVERY guest staying at the hotel considering they clearly stated breakfast ran from 6.30-9.30am, you would think they`d have enough food for that time period. My fiance`and I decided to have toast and low and behold...the bread is soggy with white patches of freezer burn. I wouldn`t keep bread at my house like this, so they should be ashamed to serve this to their paying guests. The lady at the desk clearly knew of this as she looked down and quickly walked off when I commented to my fiance` as at first, I thought it was mold. We will NEVER stay at any super 8 after this experience...save your money for somewhere else that is reputable.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TBwilks
Medicine Hat, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

I gotta say after reading some of the reviews on here I was kinda hesitant to stay here but for the price and location I thought we could give it a try. The front staff was friendly and the room was clean. The only downside to the room was that the pillows were paper thin and there was only two, so make sure to bring some pillows from home or call the front desk for more. The room was fairly quite until a group of people started chanting outside at like 3am for about 5 mins. Thankfully it stopped right away.
We were in town for a concert at the MacEwan Hall and it is located extremely close which was convenient. Shopping is close too.
If we needed to stay in the area we will probably stay here again to save money.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenelle L
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

I usually stay in this hotel 1 or 2 times a year when I am in Calgary.

It's not the fanciest hotel, but I haven't had any issues with them over the last 5 or 6 years. It is normally clean and quiet. For the cost conscious travellor that looks at the hotel as a place to stay that doesn't expect what you would see at a hotel that charges $200 a night this place should meet their needs. Its a pretty basic, plain hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank craigb31

Travellers are raving about these Calgary hotels