“Fantastic Customer Service!”

Hyatt Regency Calgary
Ranked #16 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times now, most recently this past weekend for the Calgary International Salsa Congress. From the minute we stepped out of our vehicle, the service was friendly and impeccable. The person helping us unload our vehicle was prompt. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. There was courtesy cucumber and mint water which was a perfect touch and refreshing drink after a long car ride. Also, free popcorn! My friend and I were waiting with our unloaded gear in the lobby for our friend to finish up with the front desk, and while waiting, we were approached by the front office manager, Shahzad, who was super friendly and joking around with us. He even "bought" us a drink in the form of a complimentary "Battle of the Belvederes" drink card for the hotel lounge. Nice touch! (The drink was delicious by the way!). He told us he's been working on making the front entrance area friendly and inviting and I would agree that he's doing a fantastic job. Luis, who's another friendly soul with a great smile, helped us get our bags and gear to our rooms is another great asset to the Hyatt team.

My friends and I went down to the Salsa congress to dj and host the after parties. The hotel staff knew this beforehand, and knew there'd be partying until the early morning with music pumping out of our room. Despite this, they graciously situated us on the appropriate floor with the best party-appropriate room - the boardroom suite with adjoining bedroom, and we couldn't have asked for anything better. I mean who does this?! That was awesome in of itself.

All in all I would highly recommend staying at this hotel because not only is it clean and well-situated, more importantly, the staff are super friendly, helpful and inviting. Thank you for yet another great visit and i'm sure i can say on behalf of my friends and I we look forward to catching up again next year ;)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank honeydrop
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear honeydrop,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. I was particularly happy to hear you had such a great service experience, specifically with Shahzad and Luis. I will be sure to share your comments with them, as well as the rest of our associates.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

this Hotel was very nice. The rooms were clean and the staff was very courteous. the restaurants and Bars were top notch calibur.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mike k
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear mike k,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience with our staff, and that you felt our restaurant and bar were such high quality. I will be sure to share these comments with our associates. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Just went to Calgary on a business trip and stayed at the Hyatt. I was surprised by the very high hotel rates at all the Calgary hotels. Although rates are high, the hotel offers nice accommodations, has a great restaurant attached (Catch), Stillwater spa (book ahead of time), and is steps away from many great restaurants ans shopping.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank WeSawIt
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just got back from a weekend stay there. Loved every minute of it. We got an e-upgrade option when booking online with Hyatt. We upgraded to a club level room. Great choice on our part. It gives you access to the club lounge. They have daily deluxe continental breakfast. Evening finger foods and desserts. Complimentary soda and non-alcoholic drinks. There is also an honor bar. The service was amazing. Everybody was great to deal with. Check-in was a breeze. I was ready to go to my room within 2 or 3 minutes. Our room was clean and modern looking with a nice city view. The bed was comfortable. The location is excellent. Right outside the front door around the corner to the right is the C Train. Also only a 2 or 3 minute walk to the Calgary Tower. Lots of good restaurants within close proximity. Parking is a little pricy considering they charge the public the same rate as paying guests. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel for your next stay. Especially if you can get a deal on it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club level if you can. You get a higher floor room if available and access to the club lo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank swazer
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear swazer,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was particularly happy to hear that you had great success with our eStandby upgrade option and that you enjoyed the Regency Club lounge so much. I will be sure to share these outstanding comments with all our associates. I hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice. Once on business and most recently on the Easter Weekend. Upon check-in we received vouchers for complimentary cocktails and a special parking rate. The room was spacious with a super comfortable bed. This is a either a new or newly renovated hotel. We had a great bite to eat and glass of wine in the lounge. The hotel is in a great location , within walking distance to many good restaurants and lounges. This hotel gets full marks from me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aurorof5

Dear auroraof5,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such great feedback about your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you have had great experiences with us on two separate occasions. I have shared your comments with our associates as they really enjoy hearing great stories like this one.

Our hotel opened 11 years ago, but we have done several phases of renovations over the past few years to upgrade the property. Please come back and see us again at the end of summer to see our new lobby!