All reviews raw bar yellow door bistro skoah products luxury king short walk to shopping chose hotel continental buffet great hotel in a great location pool side located in downtown calgary shampoo and conditioner stampede grounds beautiful room fine hotel business trip modern design weekend stay
Reviewed 17 September 2018

What a beautiful property. The service and location are great. It's nice to stay in such an elegant spot in the middle of the Beltline district. In-house restaurants are great but the hotel is close to many other fine places to eat.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Excellent - there we 20 of us and Chef Peter in the Raw Bar made a wonderful dinner and experience. Franz, Dylan and all the others in the Restaurant, Hotel Staff, & Services were perfect. Recommend this hotel to everyone

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2018

We stayed for five days in this hotel and found it to be be great. The staff were very friendly and helpful always with a smile on their faces. The rooms were comfortable, cleaned every day. It was a pleasure to have stayed there. It was pretty central to downtown Calgary, there were plenty of places to dine out if you wanted to. All in all a good experience indeed.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018

An incredible place to stay. Location is amazing and the 12th floor has a wonderful view. It was an unforgettable experience. Everyone was very kind and attentive. A very clean and modern hotel. Makes you feel welcome.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I feel like this place is showing it’s age. I stayed here when it was new and found it edgy and charming. This time I wasn’t overly impressed. I booked a “luxury suite” for 2 nights. The room was larger than a typical room but had a very strange layout. You walk in and the bathroom is to the right. To the left is kind of a dressing room area with a pony wall (shelf) overlooking the bed area. It was really odd. There is a dark built in closet with a safe and a few hangers and then another wardrobe for hanging things (no drawers and no hangers) and a nice luggage stand. But the space is wasted and odd. If I was sharing a room and wanted to use it to get ready in private it is not an option as it is wide open to the room. Also it should have a dresser there. The only dresser was in the living area under he tv. It doesn’t make sense to have some of your clothes in the closet area and some in the dresser.

The bed is right next to this dressing area. It had two lamps with USB plugs and 2 night tables. The bedding was nice and the bed was comfortable. On the far side of the bed against the far wall is a dark wet bar area. Very odd. Again no lights there. Lots of shelves but not much on them. A microwave would have been nice. The built in fridge had a door that awkwardly opened towards the wall. It was already dark in that area but I couldn’t really even see well into the fridge because of that. It was nice to have a fridge for my own use — not full of expensive mini bar stuff. The bar area was not well used and was too bare. I had a deck facing 12 Ave. The doors were advertised as sound blocking but they didn’t. It wasn’t terrible but I could certainly hear the traffic noise when the door was closed.

The living room area is ok. A mildly uncomfortable couch and a chair I didn’t use along with a lamp, a dresser, TV and desk and chair. The desk was a nice size. Ideally this room would have had a wall and door between the living area and bedroom area but there was so separation. The rug has seen better days and the decor was dreary.

The bathroom was nice and had a mirror TV. Interesting concept but really not necessary.
The tub was high and even though I get around very well for a mid 50’s lady it was hard to get in and out of and had no bars to assist. The nicest part was the complimentary shampoo, conditioner and bath gel all being in dispensers in the tub. The bath gel ran out on my second day. That was disappointing. But I much prefer these dispensers to those stupid little bottles.

At check in the clerk was ok but did not tell me anything about the hotel or the special activities going on like the wine and cheese. In fact I was simply told where the elevator was. It was rather unsettling how disinterested they seemed.

I used valet parking and the fellows there were quite accommodating and pleasant.

About 2 hours after my check in I realized my room had no towels. There was one face cloth but no towels. I had received a welcome text with the message to text them with any concerns. I did and perhaps these responses are computer generated because there was no apology. Just a brisk “we will send some up right away. Thank you!” Thank you? How about “we apologize for that inconvenience”? Then some maintenance person brought them up and seemed incredulous that I had had no towels. I did not tip him because I don’t think I should have to tip for something that should have been in my room.

After I returned to my room the second day (after it had been cleaned) a blue rubber glove was left behind on the countertop by the dressing area. I thought that was very sloppy.

The location of this place was good for me as I was attending a conference 1 block away. It is close to many restaurants, a few drug stores, convenience stores, and some shopping. It is only a 15 minute walk from downtown shopping at TD square as well.

I checked out on my second morning and asked the front desk to hold my bags til I returned from my conference. They actually offered to have my bags taken to my car which I really appreciated.

All in all it was ok but I was not blown away.

Trip type: Travelled on business