1,107 results
All reviews irish pub bow river valet parking the club lounge prince's island park living room valet service corner suite mini bar per day location is great front desk staff two queen beds downtown location very nice hotel hot tub hotel restaurant
Reviewed 23 January 2018

We wanted a hotel situated in the Calgary downtown core, and the Sheraton came up in our searches. Our first thought was probably BIG $$, but after reviewing the deals, the rooms were VERY reasonably priced. For those of you who don't know, Calgary's oil based economy has been dying a fast and hard death for various reasons over the last couple of years. I can only assume unfortunately the hospitality industry is also hurting. While that is indeed unfortunate, a silver lining in those grey clouds is the incredible VALUE one get's when staying at a hotel in Calgary...and believe me Sheraton Suites is a 4.5 start hotel with 3 star pricing!!
Situated inside the "edge" of the downtown core, and very close to Eau Claire market was ideal for us.
When we walked up to the Registration desk (A beautiful foyer), we were promptly attended to, and immediately given a room upgrade (I assume due to availability?). With the room we purchased, we were also given valet parking for $1 a day, and free breakfast on the 15th floor lounge.
Upon entering our room...wow! Everything seemed quite new. My wife is an amazing home decorator and she was blown away by the nicely coordinated room decor. Our room upgrade added in a desk, printer and free wi-fi.
The bathroom was all done on marble and ceramic tile. Two doors to enter the bathroom, one from living room and the other from the bedroom. The bathroom door from the bedroom is one of those "sliding doors"...doesn't seal very well...not my favorite, I feel a lack of privacy with that type of door. We had one small issue with the shower stall drain doing it's job verrrrry slowly...but one call to the front desk and maintenance personnel were at our door an hour later and fixed the problem.
The bedroom was a decent size. wood closet and drawers. The king size bed felt brand new, very comfortable!! About a 32" flat panel tv screen in the bedroom, and about a 44" in the living room. Our view overlooked part of downtown and somewhat the river to the north.
In the lobby are the hotel restaurant "Barclays" (sp?) and on the other end is an Irish Pub/Lounge. We ate breakfast at Barclay's one morning. Food was actually REALLY good...a ~little~pricey, but you can tell it is QUALITY food. (Good quality bacon and bread). The Irish pub was just that...we had a couple of Ale and a plate of chicken wings...all was good.
I do want t mention, as I have in my other reviews, that anybody can buy a building, throw a TON of money at paint, carpet and beautiful furniture and call it a hotel....but what I always consider most is the staff. Do they seem happy in their job? Do they seem like they REALLY care about my experience, or do they only care because it's their job?? I have to say the staff at Sheraton Eau Claire certainly exceeded my expectations in that regard. The front desk staff were VERY pleasant and helpful. The valet guys were always very responsive and helpful. The Sheraton staff seemed to go above and beyond to not only make sure our stay in the hotel was good, but they seemed to sincerely care that our experiences OUTSIDE the hotel was also good. Recommending places to go and places to eat etc. Very helpful!!
Good job Sheraton and GREAT job to the staff. Next time I'm in Calgary, I promise you, we will see you again! :)

Room Tip: I think rooms facing West are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
James W, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear Jay L,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor in such detail. We appreciate your compliments about our comfortable and well-appointed suites, décor, amenities and our pleasant and helpful staff. Your feedback certainly brought a smile to our face as we strive to create a memorable experience for each guest. On behalf of our team, I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you.

I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Everything you would need and expect are covered by this excellent property. The staff and exceptional. The renovated room was perfect. Parking is expensive if you prefer underground as they will only park your car via valet at their restricted use parking. Outside parking is across the street.

Good sized suite rooms. Snacks are simple and reasonably priced for a high end hotel. Location in downtown Calgary is as good as it gets.

Bed was perfect. Bathroom towels and linen are high quality.

There are more expensive hotels in Calgary - but you won't be getting anything extra beyond what you get at this property.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank JohnCarlson
James W, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear JohnCarlson,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your wonderful compliments about our property and our exceptional staff and on behalf of our team, I humbly accept them.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Went for a weekend getaway . Took in a football game and wanted the convenience of all of the downtown things to do while being in walking distance of an eclectic variety of food drink and activities. It was PERFECT for all of it and the shore was most comfortable. We will stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
James W, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Mark S,

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your weekend gateway. We humbly accept your compliments about our superb location and great suites.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

This is a super location and nice rooms. We had a room with a little office/sitting room. This was great to do a little work and also to wind down at the end of the day. We also sat with friends shared some wine and snacks in the evening to end our day. Friendly staff from the front door/valet/reception everyone is smiling and appreciates you being there. Walking distance to so many amenities, restaurants,bars, lounges and the river bottom which is beautiful all year long

Room Tip: North West or east views would all be pretty good.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark S,

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We spent one night at the Sheraton Suites Calgary and were quite pleased with the comforts and local conveniences.
The room itself was well laid out with both the bedroom and rest of the room having direct access to the washroom. The mini bar area included a microwave, coffee maker, sink with water taps, wine and high ball glasses. TV’s in both the seating area and the bedroom. Ample plug-ins for cell phones and iPads on the edge of a desk.

Standard King room price: $149.00/ night.

Hotel also houses a Fionn MacCool’s (Irish Pub) which has a variety of beers on tape and in bottles, along with good food and excellent service.

Valet parking or park your own vehicle on the street or in a pay parking lot near the hotel.

Joey Eau Claire restaurant just half block away was excellent dinner venue.

Only complaint was the limited number (1) of Starbucks Coffee regular coffee packets available in the room.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
James W, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear zaozirny,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for sharing valuable information in detail and thank you for your compliments. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed Fionn MacCool’s offerings and the level of service.
I am sorry that you received only one Starbucks Coffee packet. We place three regular coffee packets and one decafenateited coffee packet in each suite as our standard, but we are happy to offer you more upon request.

We look forward to welcoming you back.