“Poor Service Equals Poor Review”

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport
Ranked #61 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Thought I would try it because it was a good rate. Room was less than average - badly applied laminate to the entryway that would click every time you stepped on it (would drive the people on the floor below crazy I think); bathrooms with white tile, white grout, white textured wall paper - note to hotels, unless you want the staff to carry buckets of bleach with them every day and spend hours getting that bathroom pristine DO NOT DO THIS because every little mud coloured mark becomes questionable (WHAT is that? is this bathroom not clean?); plug in bathtub did not work at all; hall noise; impossible heating/ventilation system. Did like the little moveable table. Nice view of a self storage facility (sarcasm).

They wouldn't extend the rate when my time there had to be extended - they immediately defaulted to the highest rate and the desk told me they could charge me that rate or I could go book it online. What? No hotel staff at a desk should tell someone to 'go book it online'. I chose to go book it online...with another hotel.

Tip - stay if the rate is better than any other hotel, but don't go to this one if everything is equal.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are good rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank terrypratchett

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I stopped here on a visit to Calgary after reading all the positive reviews. I'm very happy to report that the great comments are completely accurate - this is a beautiful hotel. I was upgraded to a deluxe room upon check-in as a SPG and am very pleased with the room. The suite features a very comfortable and soft bed and a nice sitting area with a couch and great desk for working. I find the TV is a little far to watch comfortably from the bed (~10' or so) but its a clear LG flatscreen so that's nice. The bathroom is immaculate and the frig and microwave are nice to have. If I had to be really picky I'd say one downfall would the showerhead that was installed for a midget. I used SPG points to book my stay but the CAA rate of $110 on a Friday is an absolute steal.

We ate downstairs at Ric's for dinner and had a fantastic meal. Prices are reasonable, portions are large and the food was amazing. My sirloin was better than the late one I ate at the Keg, hands down.

Free parking is available in front of the hotel and if you're looking for cheaper eats a Tim Horton's and a McDonalds are just around the corner. There are quite a few stores in the area but there isn't much within walking distance. Great value and highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sinoed
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The room itself is not to bad. clean and nice comfortable beds. However, the hotel seems like it still has a bit to be finished. the ice machines were not working, the vending machines were empty, the travellodge movies were also not working. However, the hope is that most of this will be fixed soon. The restaurant on the first floor, while somewhat pricey, had some great service. Overall, this hotel was pertty nice, but with Days Inn and Staybridge basically in the same parking lot, you have to decide it the new rooms are worth the extra money - for me - they were.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room on the same floor as the ice machines. I was on the 4th floor and had...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank chrisj j
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed here for the 3rd time in the past year. It's a great location close to the airport and Deerfoot. The rooms are clean, internet fast and service fairly good. The rooms are also very spacious.

The restaurant/room service is a bit on the downside and I recommend others avoid it and go elsewhere for eats.

I ordered Dinner and Breakfast and both times the meals were very bland and for breakfast they forgot to send the coffee/tea and juice (I was too much in a hurry to call back down for the items...)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank morphius909
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We recently had our staff Christmas party in the Willow Room and it was a great success. The Willow Ballroom is their largest and the way we designed our event, we had one area designated to the Cocktail Bar area, the main area was for dining and the far end for dancing.
Our event coordinator Karlee was great, down to earth and fun - but very professional and looked after every detail for us.
I had a Hawaiian Christmas theme which the staff seemed to enjoy - we had a signature cocktail that required a bit of prep - pineapple, drink umbrellas etc...but the staff were very accommodating in making them beautiful.
The food was delicious - and very plentiful, people could have easily had seconds and thirds as they put out a large amount. This followed later in the evening with a late night pizza bar which ( again ) was very plentiful and delicious.
The bar service ( we had a portable bar) was fast and the girls were pleasant and fun.
All of the staff were helpful and professional. Our evening went over very well, and the staff were excellent. It all went so well, that we have now booked ( already) our Christmas party for 2012!
Thanks to all the great staff, great food and service - it was a no brainer.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business