“As always the food is delicious”

Phoenix Grill Westhills
Ranked #356 of 3,836 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2018

I have been to this location of the Phoenix Grill several times and it never fails to disappoint. The service is excellent and so is the food! If you want a great place to go that is reasonably priced - you can't go wrong!

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We came for lunch as we were doing errands. The wine list gives some decent choices and at good prices. I had the boneless dry ribs followed by a teaser salad with chicken. They have a gluten free menu. My wife had an artichoke dip followed by a bun-less burger. They have a good list of appetizers with something for everyone.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

We went out for dinner and Earls was too busy so we went across the main intersection to Phoenix Grill. We have been before. They have a good array of appetizers and we had 3 to share. The port ribs were very good as was the chili chicken. We also had tuna wraps but I was too far to try them. The mains were good portions. My ribs with a bit tough and small but otherwise everyone enjoyed the visit.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Met a friend for lunch, very few people dining. The service was good, not to busy is the reason, I surmise. Food was good as usual but the house wine is Barefoot, that's not a great wine. The wine we ordered was Stoneleigh, which is excellent. 11.50 for a 6 ounce glass is a little pricey as this can be purchased for 14.00 a bottle at my liquor store. I feel the reason for high prices is to make up for the loss of customers and those who do come pay for that loss. However, if the prices were lower I personally would dine more often at this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Went in for dinner with my girlfriend, everything started off fine. However, we ordered yam fries and another appy, my girlfriend told the server, named Faith, about her severe nut allergy and the waitress acknowledged it. When she returned with our food there was a pesto aioli served with the yam fries, my girlfriend asked what it was and she said "pesto aioli it is so good! you'll love it." I told her that pesto usually is made with nuts. She seemed like she had no idea and would check with the kitchen.
When she returned she said "oops I will get you a fresh plate."

I asked her about the other food if it was safe and she replied "should be" so I then asked her to double check to make sure. She never quality checked us throughout our appies.

When our entrees came my girlfriend took two bites of her pasta and there was a huge hair mixed into it. I called a manager over and she asked us if we wanted to pack it up and take it home, we said no so she asked if we wanted something else, again replied with no thankyou.

We asked for the bill, and while we were paying the server said "Sorry" and rolled her eyes. At no point did she apologize or act at all sorry for what happened.

My girlfriend and I are both servers and found them to be completely disrespectful and unprofessional. We were also extremely frustrated with their lack of allergy safety protocols. The restaurant was not busy, and the server only had about 3 tables including us.
WILL NEVER RETURN.