“It doesn't get better in Calgary”

Hotel Le Germain Calgary
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This is your best bet in Calgary. Used to stay at Fairmont - was Platinum member, but soon realized it wasn't worth it. Even though no loyalty program - I still suggest this place!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank WorldtraveL1677
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Germain Calgary

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I had a nice big room (deluxe), spacious, airy and modern. Super clean. Very friendly staff. Super friendly. Breakfast was included and looked nice.

No complaints other than it is a bit souless. On the other hand, you are in Calgary. You aren't going to do better.

Room Tip: Get a corner room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank parrot101
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Hello parrot101,

We wanted to thank you for the feedback. We are always trying to improve our product and service and your comment intrigued us. We would like the opportunity to perhaps receive a little more detail. If you find the time please feel free to contact myself directly. It would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Mark Schaay
mschaay@germaincalgary.com

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I don't know where to begin. The location, the staff, the rooms, THE FOOD. Everything is perfection. I love this place and will stay here again. I am also attending meetings in the conference rooms which are modern and functional. Many special thanks to Melissa Gemy, Concierge.... I will definately be back....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank 294kk
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The bed is amazing - had a wonderful sleep every night - and the shower and closet space were definitely better than the average hotel. However, the service was terrible. From the very beginning, I had to struggle with my two big bags (I was staying for quite a long time) out of the cab and through both sets of heavy doors, because no one came to open the door for me, even though three staff members were standing at the front counter chatting. The dishes in my room were NEVER clean which I realized the reason for when I accidentally interrupted the cleaning staff rinsing them in the sink. No dishwasher, not even soap - just rinsing everything in the bathroom sink in the room.

When I asked to have a cab called for me (in minus 25 degree weather), I was told that there was a cab stand across the street at the Marriott. It's close by (less than a block) but not the response I would have expected from a "luxury" hotel.

Overall, the hotel is very nice, definitely much better than the average 3 star hotel, but not even comparable to most $300+/night hotels I have stayed in in other cities.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sarah M
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Hello Sarah M,

To say we were disappointed with your review would be an understatement. We have dishwashers located in housekeeping that are used for all in room dishes and glasses. We have a par stock of freshly washed glasses/dishes that are exchanged with ones that need to be cleaned. To find out that one staff member is not following our specific procedure is something we take seriously. If I may ask you to email me exact dates of your stay we really want to follow up with all staff that was working during this period of time. It would be extremely appreciated.
I apologize for the lack of assistance with your luggage at check in. This is something we always try to work on as the arrival process is the first impression of the hotel. We sometimes utilize larger taxi stands located nearby; however our protocol is to bring them over to our loading zone to assist the guests with their departure.
Once again Sarah M, we apologize for your experience. Thank you for the feedback and I do look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Schaay
mschaay@germaincalgary.com

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Stayed for two days and it felt like a week. Friendly staff and comfortable yet modern rooms.
Great breakfast selection for the health minded individual.
Has to be my new favorite hotel in Calgary.

• Stayed: January 2012