The Fairmont Palliser(Calgary)
US$175
US$148
US$108
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$162
US$79
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$194
US$94
Hotel Blackfoot(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$120
All reviewshome away from homelovely homeb and bwarm and welcoming hostsset us up for the daylemon ricotta pancakeswillow parkjuice and coffeefresh fruita wonderful place to stayevery morningliving roomcalgary stampedejosephineensuiteguestscanada
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

My father used to sing the lyrics of "when Irish Eyes Are Smiling" to us when I was a child and I loved the song and all of its depiction of what Ireland and its people must have been like. Fortunately I found out for myself and my husband where two of the " smilingest" of those eyes can be found in Calgary,Canada some 11 or 12 years ago and we keep coming back to see them and enjoy the most marvelous hospitality we've ever received anywhere in the world . We have been at Shangary 5 or 6 times and even if we didn't come to Calgary for fly fishing, we would have to return for a Josephine " fix ! Happy hubby Raghu makes us feel like family too. The breakfast creations are masterpieces in themselves and the home is one anyone would be proud to own. The setting on the golf course is idyllic. The home is immaculate and EVERY request you might have is greeted with an enthusiastic willingness to accommodate ! Love
Shangary B and B and often meet the nicest people at the breakfast table set for a King and Queen. Well done!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
ShangarryBB, Owner at Shangarry Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

"A little bit of heaven" and then the Angel flew in, yes Myrna, your an "Angel"
Another wonderful gathering with you and Ed and your fun, fun friends Ken and Rebecca.
Delighted our Calgary weather was more accommodating this time and a successful trip over all particularly for the fly fishing.
Keep well and look after your selves remember "Good people are scarce"
We remember you fondly,
Raghu and Josephine.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We have 18 nights long stay in here and enjoy stampede and golf a lot. Josephine make 18 styles breakfasts for us every morning. So amazing and delicious. When we finished our golf and enjoy our backyard dinner, they play Taiwan and Japan music for us. So friendly for us. Much more than our expecting. Thanks so much and hope to see you again.

Joann and Shuji

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Josephine D, Owner at Shangarry Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Joann, it was such a pleasure to meet you and your friends. I so enjoyed seeing the interaction with you and our other guests at the breakfast table. How fortunate for our American guest to meet you and to converse in Mandarin with you as she was not expecting that lovely surprise! I hope you and your friends are enjoying our beautiful country Canada as you travel along.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your return visit in 2018
All the best,
Josephine.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

A friend and I booked a room at Shangarry B and B to attend the Calgary Stampede. We have been delighted with the Innkeeper, Josephine, and the Inn itself.

The setting is lovely, overlooking a golf course, so you feel as if you are in a private park, with a few golfers going by. The Inn is spotless. Josephine has very high standards that she maintains for the breakfast and for her guests.

She goes out of her way to ensure that she is aware of all of her guests' allergies or food preferences. She also dropped us off at the train several times to make it easier for us to get to the Stampede.

We met several lovely people from other parts of the world. Josephine fosters a real feeling of family among her guests. I would be happy to return here any time

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Josephine D, Owner at Shangarry Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you for coming Elizabeth both you and your lovely friend Lynn were a "true delight" I will remember you for a long time my only wish is that I had more time for visiting but breakfast had to be prepared and beds made if only I could have held on to you a little longer. Delighted you enjoyed your stay we certainly enjoyed having you.
I hope our paths cross again if not I will hold on to the memory of your visit,
Thank you once again for choosing my B&B

Reviewed 29 June 2017

My parents and I stayed at Josephine's B&B about a month ago -was the perfect place to spend the weekend in Calgary before driving out to Banff. Close drive to the city, yet in a quiet and residential neighbourhood, very calm and peaceful.
The house is beautifully decorated, Josephine's experience and dedication shows, down to every little detail -from silverware to bathroom toiletries.
As soon as we arrived, she greeted us with tea and treats (yummy banana bread!) in the cozy living room. Her breakfast the next morning was exquisite and very elegant -she even went through the trouble of going out to find and buy a little flag of our home country to decorate the breakfast table! :)

Overall, Josephine and her husband were very accommodating and welcoming, as well as very understanding, helpful and patient in dealing with a personal emergency that came up during our visit.
Would definitely recommend to other travellers to Calgary.

Only slight observation I would make is that the bedrooms are situated in the basement, which was particularly cold -even in the middle of summer! There was a noise in the middle of the night too that could be heard from our room -sounded like a washing machine or a water heater... this disturbed our sleep somewhat on the first night -but Josephine apologized in all sincerity to us and mentioned we could turn on the heat if necessary.

Room Tip: All rooms are very comfortable, charmingly decorated and quaint!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Alberto, first of all please accept my apology for the late response to your lovely review, it was a pleasure to meet you and your parents, my first guests from Panama!
I am sorry that your sleep was disturbed and that you felt cold, perhaps because you were unwell that may have been a factor. Unfortunately because I went against my own rule, not to take one night bookings if there is a problem and there was for you and your parents we are unable to rectify the issues with a one night stay. The noise you heard was the water sprinkler which is set for 2:am we have had that for twelve years and you are the first to have an issue with that.
The downstairs is always a request from many returning guests, unfortunately it was not the best choice for you,
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation and that your health is better now.
Thank you once again for choosing Shangarry Bed and Breakfast.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

The Shangarry B&B was a wonderful place to stay in Calgary. Large house, in a lovely residential area of SE Calgary. The host, Josephine, made me feel welcome and comfortable immediately. The breakfast was unbelievable and a whole new meaning to an Irish breakfast that was deliciously different every morning. Just a short walk to the South Mall, the small shops of Willow Park and public transit.

I was staying at the B&B awaiting the arrival of my first grandchild and Josephine couldn't have been any more accommodating.

The Best B&B. Merle C

Room Tip: This B&B backs on to a golf course
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
ShangarryBB, Owner at Shangarry Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Merle, apologies for the late response to your lovely review. I usually respond right away however looking back on my calendar around your booking it was particularly busy after you left so that can be the only reason I neglected to respond.
I felt privileged to share in your joy and anticipation awaiting the arrival of your first grandchild, what a thrill I was able to meet her. I received only a day or two ago a lovely photo thank you card from Linda and Mark of Talysi she is adorable! of course you know that.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Josephine.