“Flavourful”

Pure Contemporary Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #229 of 3,875 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

The first visit to this restaurant a few months ago had me craving to go back. I had the donuts, coconut rice and chicken in a crock, the mango salad. So delicious. Great service. Was with a larger group and no problems.
My second visit, I had the donuts, vegetarian spring rolls shared the tamarind cod and coconut rice. The donuts were not as tasty as I had remembered but everything else was very tasty and well presented.
The third visit was again very good, donuts again didn't seem to taste as delicious.
Last night I ate here again and we were in a hurry. We were treated well. The donuts were very good. They seemed to have more sauce so I think that was what was missing. I ordered the lemongrass chicken vermicelli and the taste was delicious but I felt the chicken used was scraps and not a very good texture.
All in all it is a good restaurant.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Pure Vietnamese has fantastic food! There Sesame Dounuts, Pork Wontons, Vermicilli Dishes are all great can't recommend it highly enough!!!!!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

The food is very good served and the preparation is very Vietnamese style. The stuff was a little disorganized and they confused some orders

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

The menu is extensive and exciting. One of us did tapas and the other a dinner and all were very, very good. You can easily find several meals worth of delightful offerings. Service was cordial, knowledgeable, helpful and efficient. We hope you like it as much as we did.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This is not a review of the restaurant itself but a review of what it was during the taste of Calgary: excellent food (the best on the taste!) and excellent service. Will visit the restaurant for sure.