7,692 results
All reviewsgold floorwalliser stubepoppy brasseriefairview restaurantsleigh ridebeautiful hoteljunior suiteself parkingbucket listice skatingtea housebanff springsice sculpturesrocky mountaineerbreathtaking viewsonce in a lifetimefairmont chateau
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for one night. It was very crowded and chaotic in the general common areas like the front lobby. I paid over $1,000 CD for a deluxe room only to find out it had no air conditioning. The temperatures were in the 80's all week and the room was stuffy. The scenery over the lake is spectacular.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ekillian8615
Reviewed 17 July 2018

My hubby and I stayed in this chateau as part of the tour. Was so excited to be able to stay with a lake front view. So beautiful. The size of the room we stayed was average. Lunch was also included with the package . Lots of choices. The walking trail along Lake Louise was great. (about an hour each way ) We were able to use the swimming pool, a good size.. Overall stay was a dream come true.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abe N
Reviewed 17 July 2018

This hotel is in a superb setting & the service & friendliness of the staff is first class. BUT be aware that standard rooms, whilst well equiped, do not have any aircon and the portable aircon they provided us did not work well resulting in a poor nights sleep.
We dined in the Fairview restaurant & whilst the food was very good the service in their words hit a 'technical problem' where we had to wait an inordinate amount of time for our appetiser. This was acknowledged by serving us an additional chefs course & an after dinner drink. It was never he less an enjoyable experience.
The final point to note is that the hotel, during the day, is overrun by visitors to the lake who simple want to 'gawp' & see what it has to offer - this certainly devalues the experience for residents.
In conclusion I would not hesitate to return to this hotel & its superb setting. However I would not have a room without proper aircon, if you want good nights sleep.

Room Tip: NOT a standard room. In summer aircon is a must
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 9stilton
Reviewed 17 July 2018

We paid for the gold service which is on the 7th floor with the concierge and guest room.
We arrived a little early and were told it would be just a little while till it would be ready
It was 2 hours! Then we were given a room on the 8th floor that was the size of a shoe box I had no where to put my suitcase except on the bed. Later that night a couple that was on the 7th floor said they got “LUCKY” their room was a must larger room with a great view of the lake and were on the 7th floor We had reservations for 6 weeks. And paid over $1000.00 a night and they got LUCKY we only stayed 1 nigHt and that was to long

Room Tip: Verify room size and floor, don’t take 8th floor gold
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gary-Linda B
FCLL, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Gary-Linda B,

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, and for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us. We cannot express how deeply we are disappointed that your stay fell below expectations, and we again sincerely apologies for the difficulties you experienced throughout your stay. We understand that our Fairmont Gold team was able to offer an alternative room on the 7th floor for the second night of your stay, however it was unfortunately too late. Please know that your review has been escalated to our Executive Team for further review and follow up, and we hope to one day welcome you back for an experience more exemplary of our true potential in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

The Chateau and Lake Louise have been on my "bucket list" for a long time. And they both lived up to all my expectations. What a gorgeous location and a equally gorgeous hotel, Even with the crowds the Chateau staff was courteous, helpful, and patient. My room, the lobby, the restaurants, and the grounds were just as elegant as I expected. I spent a lovely morning just sitting in an Adirondack chair watching the changing light and shadows on the mountains and lake. I loved my experience at the Chateau.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends