“Stay Away From Buffett”

Ranked #22 of 158 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Banff’s only East Indian restaurant offers a wide variety of cuisine. Specialties from the wood-fired tandoori clay oven,many varieties of curry and classic masala fare share the 65-item menu. Dishes are made to order–mild,medium or hot. Meals are accompanied by the pleasant sounds and smells of traditional Indian music and spices. Art depicting Hindu God’s and Indian life are features of the casual dining room,while window seats afford view of Wolf Street and Cascade Mountain.
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

There is nothing to enjoy in their buffett. First of all total 10 items including app., main course & dessert & drinking water is not considered buffett. Overrated, was only indian restaurant in banff, now they have competition from curry house Restaurant.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Have to say am reluctant to visit "Indian" restaurants in North America but this place is most definitely worth the visit. I had the Karahi which was very tasty. The staff are very hospitable.
The whole meal was very good , the breads , rice both very tasty and cooked right.
If I go to Banff again I will definitely re visit this restaurant.

1  Thank Charleso3
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has great service, from the moment I thought about going in I was happily offered seating and explained everything I needed to know. I even learnt about the culture around the food I was eating. It was a buffet style lunch all you can eat for $15 so I wasn't expecting how delicious and well made the food was.

Worth a visit again, and again, and again.

Oh and the masala tea is exquisite.

1  Thank Viva-le B
Anish Y, General Manager at Masala Authentic Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback about your recent visit to Masala and please visit us again.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Visited with my wife recently. We’ve eaten here a number of times over the past few years. The service is prompt and courteous. The waiter recommended single portions of naan bread and rice as they are rather large. He wasn’t wrong. The curry, as ever, is very very tasty and remains the best Indian curry we’ve ever had....and we’ve had a few. Total bill for 2 drinks, poppodums, naan bread, monster rice portion and two scrumptious curries???? Less than $60!! Absolute bargain!!! Keep up the good work, we will be back.

1  Thank WriterChappy
Anish Y, General Manager at Masala Authentic Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and dining with us. Please do visit us again.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The quality of service my mother and I enjoyed at Masala Indian Cuisine has been truly unmatched by any other restaurant in Banff - in fact, by anywhere else during our trip to the Rockies. The superior service was consistent across our multiple visits to this restaurant, in which the passion and commitment the owner and his team have for their customers were truly undeniable. Wonderful customer service, a beautiful ambiance, and delicious cuisine - we couldn't ask for more during our travels. A deep thank you to the entire team at Masala for giving us an unforgettable and homely experience.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Masala Authentic Indian Cuisine. Please do visit us when you get a chance.