“Great Guinness Steak Pie”

St James's Gate Olde Irish Pub
Ranked #27 of 157 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our story begins in Ireland. Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, St. James's Gate, established in 1996, was built and manufactured in Dublin, Ireland. The authenticity of the imported Irish woodwork and fantastic artifacts make St. James Gate one of the premier Irish pubs in the world. The Gate has a warm friendly atmosphere that makes you feel instantly at home. Rub shoulders with local residents and tourists from around the world. The bartenders are friendly and prepare the drinks with care and consideration and the staff proves just what a capable & fun group of servers is worth. It's everything an Irish Pub should be.
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Stopped by for a drink and sat at the bar. The English couple next to us was eating the Guinness Steak Pie and said it was good. I ordered a salad and my husband order the steak pie. The salad was over dressed but the steak pie was so good! I ended up eating half of my husband's meal (to his chagrin).
The restaurant/bar has the feel of an large old pub. Our bartender was very nice.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,353)

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Had the Guiness pie the first time followed by the chicken and leek pie, not cause I love pie but because I wanted the accompanying side salads. Both were delicious but not exceptional and the staff could be a little more welcoming and not dress down so. On the plus side their selection of draft is abundant. 19 choices or something that.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Our Tour Manager had told us this place did great fish and chips. However the portions were so small we had to have a dessert as we were still hungry. Very expensive for what was really a child's portion. On the plus side the atmosphere was good and the staff were friendly.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

my friend and I went here for supper to reminisce about our recent trip to Ireland. Definitely has the irish pub atmosphere including quirky booths. We were not disappointed. Food was very good. Not amazing, but very good. yum!

I enjoyed Steak and Guiness Pie. perfect size for supper meal, in my opinion.yum.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with my family, and right away I was pleased at the atmosphere. Very authentic Irish Pub in the architecture and decor. The Fish and Chips with a few Killians was just what I was in need of on a beautiful summer afternoon. I highly recommend.