“Bangers and Mash - Yum Yum”

St James's Gate Olde Irish Pub
Ranked #27 of 157 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our story begins in Ireland. Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, St. James's Gate, established in 1996, was built and manufactured in Dublin, Ireland. The authenticity of the imported Irish woodwork and fantastic artifacts make St. James Gate one of the premier Irish pubs in the world. The Gate has a warm friendly atmosphere that makes you feel instantly at home. Rub shoulders with local residents and tourists from around the world. The bartenders are friendly and prepare the drinks with care and consideration and the staff proves just what a capable & fun group of servers is worth. It's everything an Irish Pub should be.
Reviewed 23 July 2017

There will be some travellers will know exactly what I mean when I headlined the title with Bangers and Mash. We were two Brits on our holidays in Canada in April and it had just snowed, I mean snowed, so we were completely in the mood for a wholesome gravy dinner and this one did not disappoint.
Great Irish themed pub offering great food and excellent service from Serena, whats not to like.
Go there and you won't be disappointed. Oh by the way make sure you leave room for
the Sticky Toffee pudding afterwards too.
Our bill for two people with drinks came to C$80.

Dean119, Public Relations Manager at St James's Gate Olde Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

We thank you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad you found our food to be great and service from serena excellent. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Dean

Write a ReviewReviews (1,356)

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We enjoyed this pub very much on our recent visit to Banff. Sick of overpriced fine dining restuarants we decided to try St James' Irish pub and we had an excellent meal. My Beef pie came with a golden puff pastry top that was delicious - home made I suggest and the meat was tasty & cooked with guiness. Together with a small salad it made an excellent & reasonable meal. My wife had the Irish stew and reported it to be excellent as well. Overall a very pleasant place for dinner. The service was also good despite it being a busy Friday night.

We thank you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad you found our food tonne excellent and our service just as good even thought it was busy. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

The food here is truly amazing, it's obvious that everyone knows what they are doing whether it's in the kitchen, the bar or a server. Everything here is just great. The food is some of the best food I have ever had in Banff, been here a long time now and I can't believe I only just tried this place out!

In England, you'd expect stodgy comfort food, but this pub take pub food it to a whole new level. I would recommend this place to anyone, as the price for a meal is around $18, which is a nice price and then once you realise the quality of the food coming out the kitchen, definitely worth the money.

We thank you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm happy that you would recommend us to anyone and the food to be truly amazing. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

The service is amazing, the food is amazing! My favourite place to eat now! You must try the mini yorkies they are soooooo yummy!

We thank you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm happy you find the food and service to be amazing. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Burgers, fish & chips (superbly done--crisp, not greasy, good fish). Beer selection unparalleled. Waitresses with a fine sense of humor. Not overly noisy for "old folks' (seniors.": Very convenient to town center and local hotels. We had a reservation.

We thank you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad you found our superb and our waitress to be awesome.We look forward to welcoming you again.