“Over priced and over hyped ”

Grizzly House Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 158 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In operation since 1967, The Grizzly House is a landmark destination for thousands of visitors and locals in Banff National Park. The fondue menu at The Grizzly House ranges from beef, buffalo and chicken to rattlesnake, shark and wild game. The Grizzly House is a fully licensed establishment. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I took my gf for her b day to this place and we both ordered steak. I got the 50$ dollar steak, and she went with the 30$ steak.
Flavour wise the steaks were plain, nothing special. They also undercooked both our steaks to the point that we ordered a hot rock and a extra topping just so we can use it to cook it properly. If we weren't as hungry as we were we would have returned the steaks and walked out.
I would not go there again under any circumstances. For a high price steak house it was bellow average.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,053)

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

The restaurant serves a huge variety of fondues, but unfortunately in somewhat bastardized versions. The cheese fondue is just good enough to satisfy one’s craving, but not much better. Using Toblerone in chocolate fondue is somewhat ghetto, especially when it’s used as a selling point. The ice cream is vile. The large selection of house wines by the glass is an excuse to sell plonk for 10 dollars a glass. Service can be pretty hostile, for example refusing simple substitutions, with no attempt at clarity, and giving people an attitude about it. The circa 1970s table-to-table phone system is more annoying than fun.

1  Thank Florian P
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve been at least a dozen times. I love the atmosphere and the Alberta plate. Do not wear nice clothes, or a nice coat, or anything else you plan to wear again before you have access to a washing machine. You will stink of cooked meat. The other tourists will clear a path for you as you walk back to your hotel. But it’s so worth it.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I was there for dinner, I order shrimp and biff fondue, there were 5 small pieces of beef + 5 shripms for 50 CAD !!! we order cheese fondue, cheese was disaster, I wonder if it gone bad, it both tasted and smelled terribly. it came with bread and bread was not fresh, I can say it was 4 or 5 day old bread !
I do not recommend it

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Dropped in after a long day of travel.Good and drinks were great.Service was really good.We asked about the phones at every table and were told how this place had been a Swingers Club.If you saw someone you liked at another table you turned your placemats over and found at table and called it.Funny story