See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2016

If you have ever imagined a trip where you could be off the grid, ride horseback through one of the most beautiful national parks in North America, enjoy amazing comfort food, laugh and rejuvenate your soul, this is the place for you. Tim and Julie have created reclusive cabin resort to get away from it all. This is truly a special place; private cabins with handmade down comforters and wood stoves to keep you warm at night, the sound of the river as background, options to read, fish, hike, or nap if horseback riding is not your primary way to get away from it all. They take meals seriously and no one should leave the table hungry and will accommodate special diets if they know in advance. The horses are well cared for and trained and in return are honest and take care of their riders. Tim and Julie are exceptional people and hosts who love what they do. Thank you for sharing this amazing place with guests. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I hesitate to write a review as I don't want to give away one of my new favorite places but.....it's awesome. Having no cell phone service or internet was so good for the soul. It's what I needed. Being able to unplug was so refreshing. Julie and Tim have a great thing going. No electricity or plumbing and they get it all done with no problems. The food is plentiful and delicious. They even ring the bell for breakfast and dinner which was perfect. The horses are happy and very well taken care of which is a big deal for me as we have horses of our own at home and know how special they are. Speaking of which, we could have talked with them for hours on end about horses. They are such knowledgeable people and truly care about their animals. The scenery is completely breathtaking and you get to go places on horseback that you would never otherwise see. We will be back, hopefully next year to recharge again!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank rachel0525
Reviewed 15 August 2015

Six of us just spent 3 nights at Warden Rock Outpost. 4 ``mature``(all over 50) women and 2 young adult females and our 6 horses.
We were all treated to great food, great beds and wonderful company.
Warden Rock is a truly outback experience with all the domestic work done for you. You get to enjoy and take care of your horse without any other responsibilities- my kind of heaven ..and in a beautiful location. Julie and Tim gave us excellent advice on trail rides in Banff Park and provided such a warm and caring atmosphere we almost felt like family before we left. All the international helpers also added to the experience with their enthusiasm.
We will be back and highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for adventure off the grid, but with all the rustic amenities and great home cooking.

Room Tip: All cabins have lamps and wood stoves. Most are queen beds, a couple have single beds. All have wonderful duvets.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rita U
Reviewed 17 July 2015

I had great time it was a beautiful place and a great experience! The rooms are nice and the beds were super comfy, one of the best sleeps I've ever had. The food was always good too and I never had to worry about getting enough to eat! The riding was great and the people working there were awesome!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Absolutely amazing, loved the horses and the staff
Super friendly
I think my bf didn't want to leave jack (the horse) when we had to take the wagon back to the camp site
Amazing experience
A must to feel the true alberta life

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends