2,275 results
All reviews keg restaurant free bus pass rocky mountaineer lovely hotel superior room underground parking free roam ski bus steam room ten minute walk reception area buffet breakfast log fire large hot tub walk into town front desk staff stayed here for nights
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel well located but they “frog marched” me to reception after dinner insisting that my ID was verified by the front desk staff before allowing me to charge a meal to my room. This spoilt an otherwise friendly and well ordered establishment

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Pros: free coffee in the lobby in the morning, big bed, walking distance to downtown. Breakfast in the restaurant was good.

Cons: staff with a bit of an attitude, no aircon, credit card deposit or overpriced debit card deposit required , 50 vs 200 dollars per night, musty old smell in the room, dirty pillows and duvet,pillows smelled like sweat,very dusty and outdated decor.
Opinion subject to our own experience, might be other rooms were better,yet we paid for a superior one.

Not impressed, would not return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2018

The hotel was under construction when we were there. It is getting a new copper roof put the hotel. It will really enhance the beauty of the property. The check in process was very easy as the Rocky Mountaineer guest are usually placed on a certain floor. The room was large and was decorated in a western theme. I loved the art work on the walls on our room. The beds were comfortable; the pillows great; the internet service was nice and fast; and there was a table/desk in the room that you could work from; the floor we were on was quiet and not too far from the elevator; the lobby was nice and big; ice water was available at all times; beautiful flowers greeted you when you walked into the lobby; the fire place was in use on this cool June evening we were there; the people at the desk at the time of our check in told us about using our room key to ride the town trolley free of charge. We took advantage of this opportunity and rode the trolley. The hotel is out on the edge of town and was really too far for me to walk. I guess it is a good 15 minute walk into town on a good day, but I have knee issues and walking can be a bit of a problem for me. I loved the trolley ride into the center of town. I loved our one night stay here. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on a quiet floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Apopka1564
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel was under renovation when we were there. A new roof was being installed. This didn’t affect our stay. The room was comfortable and we had no complaints. It is a little bit of a walk to main shopping area, so if you don’t like to walk you can take the town shuttle bus. I’d stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Room/Facility: The hotel had nice hot tub I was able to use a few times during my two-nights-three-day stay in mid-June. The room was, as others pointed out, out dated with older furniture and TV. The bathroom seemed newly renovated and clean. I usually do not care for watching TV during my vacation, but my boyfriend mentioned the cable channels were very limited. My booking with Expedia said the room with balcony but there was not balcony in my room yet a mountain view :-) Room service/cleaning was done very nicely.

A/C: I did not have to use air conditioning in the room. My room was close to ice machine and the freezing air was coming through the door. A little noisy too.

Front Desk: I thought the front desk persons were not very friendly.

Location: Walking distance to main area in Banff...well not so much. It's walkable but it would be a good 15 minutes walk to where the restaurant was, unless you settle for Chili's next door.

Restaurant: Did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel.

Overall: It felt a little pricey for what you get, but it's a tourist town during summer time. Next time I would probably stay in Canmore and travel from there instead. It's 20 mins drive to Banff.

Room Tip: If you prefer newer room & amenities, you may want to book with another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple