1,350 results
All reviews evergreen restaurant grotto spa gas fireplace large bathroom underground parking two sinks mineral pool junior suite ten minute walk lovely hotel steam room hot tub comfortable beds front desk staff shops and restaurants king bed buffet breakfast
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

The Delta Royal Canadian hotel was amazing. Clean, comfortable, spacious suite with well equipped bathroom.
The staff were welcoming and gracious.
Sara checked us in. After mentioning we were on an anniversary trip a bottle of champagne and some goodies were delivered to our room.
I would highly recommend this first class hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We were booked in here by the Rocky Mountaineer. Sadly it was OK, but not great and not worth the value charged. Our room was showing its age and would do well with a refurbishment. It was a good size though.

The staff however were very good, especially at reception. This made up a great deal for the shortcomings in the room.

I was very disappointed with the restaurant and the staff in there. I had significant issues with the lack of vegetarian choices (items listed were not available for some reason) and what I was finally presented with. The manager was simply uninterested in listening to my concerns that my meal was not really vegetarian. I had to just leave my meal untouched in the end.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank crosis
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Joeltzy had been such a great staff of the hotel as she was so friendly and welcoming to all the hotel guest. She is very attentive to all the guest needs and she makes sure they have what they wanted and they were happy during their stay here in delta hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2018

This was our 2nd visit in as many years to the Royal Canadian Lodge for a weekend of skiing and some of Banff's great - and independent - restaurants. The property has been well maintained and the restaurant offered a good, albeit expensive, breakfast. Rooms are in great shape and have oversized washrooms. However what makes this lodge stand out is the staff! From reservations, to front desk, to bell service, to bar, to the restaurant - the staff were overwhelmingly helpful and sincere. Our group has high expectations and the people at the RCL did not disappoint. A final note: Saturday evenings include a solo guitarist who plays the most remarkable renditions of Beatle classics. Although I can't remember his name, we were most fortunate to have him perform for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Banff Ave as they are quieter. Underground parking available at $15/
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank AvidTravelerEdmonton
Reviewed 16 April 2018

My wife and I stayed there for our anniversary. Overall it's a nice hotel, the only reason I gave it a 3 out of 5 was I expected more after paying nearly $250.00 a night. Here are the areas the hotel did not meet my expectation. Had the rooms been less than $200 a night I might have given them 4/5.

Cons:
- The rooms were quite dated and could use some updates/renovations
- Parking was $15.00/night on top of the hotel fee
- The pool/whirl pool was nice, but needed to be cleaned up (coat of paint, remove the water stains, etc..)
- The bed sheets felt like crumpled up newspaper.
- The Evergreen Restaurant (inside the hotel), was very nice, however it would be advantageous for them to offer discounts to guests staying at the hotel.
Pros:
- The staff were extremely helpful and courteous.
- The staff were knowledgeable about the area.
- Easy to check in and out.
- Rooms were spacious and clean.
- Free Wifi

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GEOS30
BanffManagement, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear GEOS30,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We are disappointed to know we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured your comments will be shared with the management team to address the issues you have mentioned. The team takes a lot of pride in providing memorable service, so it is always rewarding to receive positive feedback.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and congratulations on your anniversary.

Suzanne Gittens