1,368 results
All reviews outdoor hot tub bus pass free bus superior room main part banff avenue the main street coffee maker town centre mountains skiing passes roam rockies snow keg
Reviewed 13 August 2018

The Swiss Inn part is older but spacious. Balcony with sliding door to outside views of mountains and housing. The check in experience was flawless and dining a pleasure with international staff. Parking was good, a little hike to the downtown area, safe, spacious bath with hot water, good towels, clean. PC for your use.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I have two small dogs that we registered upon booking our room. The hotel says they are pet friendly, but when it came down to it we would argue they are not. Our first impression was really good. They had dog beds, food and water bowls with mats and even a cookie and toy each for my dogs. We decided to go for dinner and of course my dogs barked when we left, they we're in a strange place. They usually settle down relatively quickly. We got a message literally 6 minutes after leaving the room asking to call back in regards to the dogs barking. This means they received probably one complaint (so they're not telling customers they are in a "dog friendly zone" of the hotel) went and knocked on our door (making the dogs barking more) to see if we were there and then had to go back down to the lobby to call us. So really, they gave my dogs very little time to calm down. I called back a few minutes later and they told me I had to come as soon as possible or we would be charged a fee for them barking, that we signed an agreement saying we wouldn't leave them alone in the room. When my friend checked in they said initial here and sign here and didn't explain any of that part to her. When I asked what we were supposed to do when we went out for dinner, their response was that they would have recommended a dog hotel for the time we were out. So not only did I have to pay a pet fee per dog to let them be in a "dog friendly hotel" they expect me to pay money to bring them to a doggy hotel for an hour and a half while I eat dinner? At check out I inquired about the threatened additional fee and the man told me it wasn't applied. However, they hold $50 security deposit should the dogs ruin anything in the room, which I understand. My dogs did not ruin anything. We left it in the exact same shape it was in and they still charged the security fee. If they wanted to charge for the barking than that should not have been part of the security deposit and should have been listed on the receipt which it wasn't.

In terms of the rooms, there was no AC which made for a very uncomfortable time with the 37 C tempature outside. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The hall way on our level was littered with dried old leaves. You also don't need your key to get into the building from the outside so litterally anyone could walk in.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We just were a couple of days on Banff,and stayed there... the room was not very clean,everything super old... it seems they have never renovated it .The only
Good thing was the staff,very friendly.
You don’t get what you pay for. Totally overrated.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

The Inns of Banff is one of the older hotels in town and some of the fixtures and fittings are a little dated. We do have a very exciting major renovation planned for the near future. This will include a new and modern outdoor pool facility, room and bathroom upgrades and a full exterior re-fit.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This place is a dump , you have to drink coffee from a paper cup and cold drinks from cheap plastic cups that breaks. There is no air conditioning, the TV signal connection keeps dropping out, there are holes in furniture and the light globes come and go. The restaurant has a very limited menu which is not very appealing and the restaurant lacks atmosphere. 3 restaurants are advertised but only 2 are open . 20 minutes walk from town. On the plus side my room has a great view .
Would not recommend this hotel unless you are desperate .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018

If having no AC is no problem (like if you visit in the winter) then this is a great location. For us (we NEED AC) who visited in the middle of a heat wave, we just went to Canmore and bought a window AC unit from Canadian Tire then donated it on our way to the airport.

The place is dated but the beds are surprisingly nice and cozy and there is lots of space. Great value when we visited.

Room Tip: Top floor if you can. Facing the city. Amazing views and best balconies.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple