We stayed at this hotel in December 2011. We are a family of 5 and had some friends visiting from Australia (family of 4). The ages of the kids range from 8 to 15 (3 girls and 2 boys). The kids loved the pool (which had apparently just reopened after some renovations). We stayed in a loft unit with 3 bedrooms (each with 2 queen size beds) and a total of 4 bathrooms (one en-suite in each bedroom, and another on the main floor beside the kitchen). One of the loft bedrooms was a bit small and the bathrooms in the two loft bedrooms were pretty small, but everything was clean and functional. We loved having a full kitchen, huge dining room table (would have easily seated 12) and living room. We were there for 3 nights and had breakfast in our suite every morning before heading off for a day of skiing and/or sightseeing. We ordered pizza in for dinner one night (recommended by the front desk, very good) and ate in Banff the other two nights. The adults especially appreciated the free shuttle bus into Banff which ran on schedule and ensured that we could all enjoy a glass of wine with dinner without having to worry about designated drivers or finding parking in Banff. This hotel is NOT within walking distance of Banff's main street, but the shuttle bus stops directly in front of the hotel and has many convenient stops within the Banff town site.
Our unit came with 2 underground heated parking stalls which was a nice benefit; no scraping the windshields in the morning! The kids also liked the daily "turn down" service with the delicious chocolates left in their rooms.
We would definitely stay here again, the price was right and the accommodations were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff