1,834 results
All reviewsgreat locationricky's restaurantunderground parkingthe main streetloft roomshops and restaurantsgood sizeski buscentre of townfront desk staffdowntown banffhot tubmini fridgebeds were comfortableclose to downtownmountain viewlake louise
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Our friends and I loved this newly remodeled hotel with large clean rooms with a split level bedroom up a short flight of stairs, the beds could use some updating however and we do not recommend the in house restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Brewsterhospitality1, Front Office Manager at Elk + Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Thank you for the review and the warm praise for our staff and our newly remodelled hotel. Your feedback and suggestions mean a lot to us and we hope you may travel this way again.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

We have stayed here several times and the new renovation work is excellent. The location is perfect, the rooms clean and comfortable. The staff on the front desk are very helpful but as we didn't have any problems, I cannot comment on how they might cope in those circumstances. We did not eat here so i cannot comment on that but the hotel is well placed for the town centre and all that there is to offer.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for reviewing us and sharing your comments on your most recent stay. As a returning guest, your feedback on our renovation work being excellent means a great deal as everything we have done was with guests like yourself in mind. I am pleased that our location, clean and comfortable rooms, and very helpful front desk staff have made your holiday a little more special. I hope that we will see you again from the U.K.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

This I would say was a Gem in the Rough. In short an 'Above Average' stay and I would definitely consider another stay here.

The hotel is modern and well appointed, staff were helpful and I found on check in that the front desk made a point of asking how my trip was getting along thus far. These small things go a long way after a day or so of travel.

The room to my surprise was larger than anticipated and was well equipped with more than what I thought was required in a 3 star stay. Big Screen Tv, wonderful hot strong shower head and firm mattress with nice linen.

It couldn't have been any more conveniently located if it tried, 1. being at the foot step of Banff main street, 2. the bonus of an IGA grocery store across the road and 3. the shuttle pick up location to take you to and from Sunshine Ski Resort is out the front of the hotel next door.

It was hard for me to fault this hotel for the price paid so I would recommend a stay here.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your strong recommendation and the detailed review. It is very pleasing to know that we exceeded your expectations. It is our intention to provide our guests with a memorable stay in such an iconic location and equipping the room with modern amenities and providing warm, hospitable service assists this endeavour. I am thrilled we could help you achieve a sense of great value. And I do hope that you may stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

I would stay at this hotel again for sure but would not be dedicated to staying there. In other words, I'd still shop around for the best price at a good hotel. Having said that, they have undergone renovations. The lobby area is really nice. There's a Ricki's restaurant onsite as well as a small convenience type store, neither of which we used. The location of this hotel is perfect if you're wanting something central, close to shopping and restaurants. There is free underground parking but I can't even begin to tell you what a pain that was. It is a very small Parkade and it was completely full when we pulled in. It's dark and you hit dead ends where you can't turn around but have to back up and hope no one else is coming around the corner. Like others, we ended up parking illegally against a wall. Our room was renovated, clean and comfortable but still had some unfinished details that I hope they take care of.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your visit. I am happy to know that you enjoyed aspects of our renovations. We do have some additional touches that we wish to make and our underground parking is one of the areas very much on our radar. We hope that these changes will make your next visit even better.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Very good breakfast restaurant with a variety of real big meals .
(The "Grizzly-bite" deserve it*s name.)

The rooms are big, clean, modern and in good condition
The staff was friendly and helpful.
The atmosphere in the hotel is ncie.

Ski locker and garage can be used free of charge.

Sauna, steam-bath, and whirl-pool make it a perfect stay.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you made thorough use of and enjoyed our facilities. The atmosphere of our renovated hotel is a point of emphasis and we thank you for sharing your appreciation. Please come again.

Kind Regards,