“Banff needed a good Breakfast Place”
Review of Eggsmart

Eggsmart
Ranked #105 of 158 Restaurants in Banff
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying this place is worth a visit. Having been in Banff nearly every year of my life I have long history searching breakfast as it is my favourite meal of the day.
They are on the 2nd floor so you have to search a bit but it’s worth the walk.
The only thing standing in the way of 5 stars was the wait for food. It “felt” like a long wait. We were here after the “rush” time so that may have been a factor.
Don’t let that stop you from coming. I think they will sort this out and it was probably a fluke.
Prices are not out of line especially considering the tourist nature of Banff
The place is clean. The kitchen is open and I wouldn’t bet on gluten free cross contamination management. Encourage to discuss with chef.
I had the meat lover scramble. Not overwhelmed with meat which is common in these dishes.
Hope to visit again this trip and upgrade to 5 stars

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a good old-fashioned brekkie “all day” kind of place. We didn’t see this cafe on TripAdvisor, but we liked its menu, downtown location, accessibility, and feel.

The staff were efficient but a bit impersonal. That said, the egg dishes were delicious. We had poached eggs on avocado toast and a fruit bowl. The menu included several Benedict, pancake and waffle options too.

We would have liked more coffee refills but the place was as quite busy and our refill came only once. Other than that, we enjoyed our brekkie and recommend this place without reservation. Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 July 2018

We stayed in Banff for two nights and had breakfast at Eggsmart one morning. The food is mediocre and service was poor. Two members of our party were served at least five minutes earlier than the others and parts of our orders were forgotten. I would not return.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Wanted breakfast and first went to a little coffee shop. They had bagels....but by 10:00 am they only had blueberry left. To me....that is not a bagel. So, while we were debating to stay or not....and really having no idea where to go, the woman behind us said, “go to eggsmart”. As another reviewer stated it is not easy to find as it is located in a mall, on Banff Ave. What a delight. It was large, warm and welcoming. We were given a table near the window so we could watch the rain and decide what to do for the remainder of the day. The menu had many types of egg dishes along with standbys like oatmeal, fruit, granola. Our waitress, Joanne, was considerate, helpful, and kept the hot delicious coffee coming.
Enjoy!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Does what it says on the tin, excellent choice of breakfast and lunch options with eggs being the centrepiece. Will return