“Good Japanese noodles by Japanese chef”
Review of Chaya Restaurant

Chaya Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I went there twice during my short trip to Banff. The place is small so expect you will be on waiting list to get a table. I had udon and it was so yummy that I had it for both of my visit. The first udon was a bit salty but the second one was just perfect. I especially liked the broth. If you are looking for some good Japanese noodles, this is the place to go.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Chaya is a delicious and refreshing change from the sea of burgers, pasta and steak dinners.

I got the Miso Ramen with extra BBQ pork, while my boyfriend got the Beef Soba noodles and we shared a pot of green tea. After tax and tips, it ended up around $38CAD but we thought it was worth the price. The noodles were more than filling and the broths were deep and flavourful, which was perfect for the unexpectedly windy, cold day! But, I found the BBQ pork to be dry and flavorless compared to other ramen shops.

Be sure to make a reservation beforehand! There's limited seating and it can easily be a 45min wait if you don't call ahead. We got a table as a walk in but that was a stroke of luck from a no-show!

Would definitely recommend, especially if you're looking for a change of taste in Banff.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Small eatery that packs a punch! Great food that scores high on authenticity and value. Efficient and friendly staff too!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Went to Chaya when we found no tables available where we had initially wanted to go -- pleasantly surprised -- great food - but don't go for the ambiance.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Very quick service! The food was absolutely amazing! Both my husband and I enjoyed every last bite! The BBQ Pork Ramen flavors were perfect! And the #23 Tofu meal for vegans was great too!!!! Finish off with the red bean Mochi balls.. highly recommend!!