“Nice place for a steak...”
Review of Chuck's Steakhouse

Chuck's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chuck's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 157 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$19 - US$53
Description: "Wagyu, black apron 'grass fed' angus, sterling silver, canadian prime. yes please." - CHUCK OUR 100% ALBERTA BEEF STEAKS ARE GRILLED OVER HARDWOOD AND MESQUITE,THEN FINISHED UNDER AN 1800 DEGREE BROILER
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Went for a steak and was not disappointed. Tried the local Canadian beef and it is tasty. The service was very good and nicely informal. The wine selection is good and enjoyed a nice cab. sav. The steaks a strip and fillet were both very good. The restaurant has a nice vibe and the overall feel is good.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

The title kind of says it all... the meat is flavorful and tender, but I’ve had better. The cuts, though quite large, aren’t as thick as they could be. That’s the problem when you live in New York and order steak while out of town, you’re almost inevitably disappointed — and never mind if this sounds pretentious. This being said, it’s still a very good steak, and the sides are quite good. The wagyu beef and shrimp dumplings are also an excellent appetizer.

2  Thank Florian P
Reviewed 14 February 2018

This place is worth saving up for! Our server was excellent and our steak was the best I have ever had. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

What an awesome restaurant! The view, the waitstaff and the food were all excellent! My husband and I shared a salad, a steak, potatoes and mushrooms and it was more than enough food. I can't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I attended Chuck’s Steakhouse after researching the best place to go for steak in Banff, and having read all the positive reviews online that Chucks is the place to go to for steak.

So... I had to come and check out the hype.

I have had steak from many different high end. restaurants, but I can say Chucks definitely takes the #1 spot for that, you are paying big money for steak here, but it’s definitely worth it if you can afford it.

The flavour/tenderness/texture of the steak is incredible, I can say probably the best steak I’ve ever had from a restaurant.

My server Matt was outstanding, I wasn’t sure what type of steak I wanted, so Matt went and grabbed almost every steak on the menu and brought it back to my table.

Matt explained the difference between all the different types of steak and also showed the different sizes, which was great, what a awesome experience.

Matt definitely knows his steak, and is the perfect man for the job when it comes to assisting people when it comes to picking it.

My table also ordered the garden salad and mashed potatoes, which both had great flavours and big portions, both not your ordinary salad or potatoes.

There was another gentleman that I assume was the manager or the owner that was walking around refilling water and providing great service to everyone.

There was free parking across the street which made it very easy to access.

I can’t think of anything negative to say, overall a great experience, just remember you need to have deep pockets for this restaurant. The hype definitely checks out here.

I recommend this place for everyone to try at least once.