“Convenient and Relaxing!!”
Review of Alpha Bistro

Alpha Bistro
Ranked #110 of 158 Restaurants in Banff
Description: Alpha Bistro is just off the lobby at the Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, enjoy our fine Canadian cuisine in a cozy atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We stayed at the resort and my daughter and I ate here for breakfast and it was very good, she ordered the berry pancakes and I had the eggs benedict. We decided to go back again for dinner instead of going to the busy restaurants in town. We had a nice meal, my husband and daughter had the NY steak and I had the bison burger, it was my first time trying bison and it was absolutely delicious, my daughter tried it and wished she had ordered it too. The restaurant wasn't overly busy so it made for a relaxing meal, although we were at times waiting on the servers for drink refills. Later in the evening we came back again and had drinks on the patio. Definitely worth trying if you stay at the resort.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter had pasta, and I had the Caesar salad. Service was good. Food delicious. I was pleasantly surprised considering how few customers seemed to frequent the Alpha. Good in house restaurant for the resort.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Banff Rocky Mountain Resort on a solo trip to Banff and ate at Alpha Bistro a couple times, I was too exhausted after my hikes to fight the crowds downtown Banff. The restaurant always seemed empty and I don't know why because the food and service was excellent. The bison burger was absolutely amazing and I would drive all the way back to Banff just to have another caesar. Was pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We ate here for breakfast on our rushed day in the park as we were staying at the hotel. The prices were very cheap compared to other places in the park and we received American sized portions - though this isn't really a plus for us as we were overwhelmed by all the food that came with the meal, and without a microwave in the room it didn't have much value as leftovers.

The breakfast was really plain and a little mediocre. There was nothing to distinguish it from any cheap diner breakfast, which surprised us since the restaurant had a higher end atmosphere. The potatoes tasted like the frozen McCain ones out of a bag and what was advertised as "berry pancakes" came as a plain pancake with nothing on it (not even a side of butter).

The staff, however, were VERY friendly and attentive. Between them and the atmosphere, the food really didn't match the vibe of the rest of the restaurant!

1  Thank girlguitarist
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast at the Alpha Bistro on our last morning in Banff just to avoid going back to the crowded town center as this restaurant was conveniently located in our hotel's lobby.

Food quality was just average, my french toast didn't have much taste at all while my wife's pancake were definitely better although far from being among the best.

We didn't try the meal menu so things might be different there. Anyhow, worth to be considered for it's quite location a few minutes drive from Town.

1  Thank Baconator76