“Birthday Meal - Fish Heaven!”
Review of The Tickled Trout

The Tickled Trout
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Barlow
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "Derbyshire Pride. Italian Inspiration." Proud of Derbyshire and inspired by Italy, that sums us up really. We use the finest locally sourced ingredients to create delicious food that has an Italian twist. Visitors to the Tickled Trout in Barlow are guaranteed a warm welcome, relaxed surroundings and a great choice of top-notch food. It is advisable to book a table either by our on-line reservation system on our website or the traditional way by phone! Also like us on Facebook for regular updates....
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Dined at The Tickled Trout for my birthday with my wife, two sons and their partners and our two young granddaughters. The service from arriving to leaving was excellent with pleasant and helpful bar and serving staff.
Having eaten here before, I again chose the Calamari starer and I was not disappointed with this re-choice of dish being so light and tasty.
My main course was the pan fried sea bass fillets with mussels, samphire and mushrooms. I have to say the sea bass was the finest I had ever tasted.
My family chose a range of dishes across the menu and all really enjoyed them. The freshness and the careful sourcing of ingredients shone through in all the dishes.

Chris M, Owner at The Tickled Trout, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you so much for writing such a great review for us. I am delighted you enjoyed your birthday meal with us. The fish is day boat fish from Cornwall (you can really tell the difference with fresh fish!). We carefully plan and refine our special dishes so to say it was the finest you have ever tasted means a lot to the team!
Many thanks once again, I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Been to the Tickled Trout a few times but I think this was our first Saturday evening visit. The food was, as always, gorgeous and the presentation flawless, we had sea bass, dayboat fish and beef. We always have sides too. The service is impeccable. We love the ambience of the Tickled Trout and the tables are laid out well, so others don't bother you when getting up from their seats. We will return most definitely...

1  Thank piphow
Chris M, Owner at The Tickled Trout, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words and for writing such a great review. We have worked hard to create a very special new menu and it means a lot to the team to have such a positive response. We really are proud of the dishes we are creating at the moment.
We will very much look forward to you returning.
With best wishes

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The pub is very well appointed and decorated, all the facilities and restaurant are lovely and clean, lovely log fire.
Had some late lunch here but was dissapointed, it seems to base its meals around an italian theme, we ordered a pizza, which was not to the standard i expect, it was very doughy and rubbery and burnt on the underside, not an authentic pizza which i have experienced in authentic eateries, we was told they where busy so may that could be the reason.
Would definately be back for a drink but not to eat on this experience.

Dear Maxoower
This has review has flummoxed me really as after speaking to the front of house team we genuinely can not remember anyone ever complaining that one of our pizzas are 'doughy'. They are thinly rolled in house and made out of our own sour dough recipe which really does result in a crisp authentic texture. We are often very busy but I can assure you this is never a reason why the high standard of our food would slip. I would be grateful if you could give Matt a call (restaurant manger) so we can gain a little more information and make amends. In four years I can honestly say we have never had a complaint regarding our pizzas.
Whilst we do our popular pizzas we are not at all Italian, we do a beautiful specials menu which showcases the best of Derbyshire produce and of course there are our Tickled Trout favourites which we are certainly all favourites with our regulars.
As a independent pub restaurant it is important to us all that we get it right. If you could get in touch then hopefully we can understand more.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Food was great and service was amazing, they had such a big array of cocktails and they were delicious I had an apple spritz and I loved it

Thank you for writing such a great review, we are delighted you enjoyed dining with us and we hope we can welcome you back again soon. I have a great team and they really appreciate the kind words.
With best wishes

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Eaten here a few times
Always relaxed
Food good, reasonably priced and service excellent
Easy parking and access

Chris M, Owner at The Tickled Trout, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for taking the to write your review. I am delighted you enjoy your visits to the Tickled Trout and I hope we can welcome you back again soon