“Great food”

Ranked #43 of 156 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican food, breakfast, lunch and dinner, large and succulent menu of meats, fish, chicken and seafood, ambiemte 100% family
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We had delicious food, huge portions and at a very reasonable price. - also liked the cheaper priced cerveza.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I had coconut shrimp at another restaurant close by the night before but it tasted like flour which I don't eat a lot of. Dona Tere coconut shrimp was not only fresh but very coconut tasting. Best by far I have ever had in all of Mexico (Cabo, Cancun, Playa del Carman, Puerto Vallarta). The service was excellent and my husband thought his dinner of Mexican plate was very good too.

1  Thank Carrie G
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I went there once for breakfast. I had a shrimp omelet which was not bad, but the side of potatoes was puny.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

A great place for several types of seafood, from oysters to shrimp, the vegetables and rice with the lunch are perfect, had garlic shrimp again.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The best thing I recall about this restaurant is the tasty margaritas. The food itself wasn't anything special but nothing we ate was especially bad either except for the awful dipping sauce that came with my coconut shrimp. I actually had to ask my wife what we ate at Dona only a couple days afterwards. Maybe it was the time of day (early evening) but the restaurant was nearly empty and with the exception of the bartender the wait staff appeared pretty bored and unfriendly.

Based upon my experience I'm not saying to not try the place yourself. But I will say I would hesitate to recommend it for anything other than drinks and light snacks.