“Lunch”

Ranked #47 of 161 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican food, breakfast, lunch and dinner, large and succulent menu of meats, fish, chicken and seafood, ambiemte 100% family
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

A great place for several types of seafood, from oysters to shrimp, the vegetables and rice with the lunch are perfect, had garlic shrimp again.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The best thing I recall about this restaurant is the tasty margaritas. The food itself wasn't anything special but nothing we ate was especially bad either except for the awful dipping sauce that came with my coconut shrimp. I actually had to ask my wife what we ate at Dona only a couple days afterwards. Maybe it was the time of day (early evening) but the restaurant was nearly empty and with the exception of the bartender the wait staff appeared pretty bored and unfriendly.

Based upon my experience I'm not saying to not try the place yourself. But I will say I would hesitate to recommend it for anything other than drinks and light snacks.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Walked in right after another couple making a total of four customers. Had to wait for first cup of coffee and ask each time for a refill. Husband ordered 3 eggs and they brought two. We said leave the plate and just bring another egg but took the plate and remade whole meal. I was done eating by the time they brought it. The piece of watermelon was all mush. Would not recommend. Waitress was running hands through the other waiter's hair. They were more involved with each other than their customers. Go somewhere else. The food was nothing to write about. The picture says all about the service - this is the waitstaff.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Ate here our last night in town. They have some of the best ribs ever. The calamari was great too. You can get food to go or enjoy the view of the town square while you enjoy your meal. The staff was wonderful and gave us a complimentary shot of tequila to enjoy.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Had lunch here. Great food. Great service. You have got to try the marlin burritos. They were the best.