4,843 results
All reviews la pergola casa bella marival resort time share club section snack bar a la carte restaurants quiet pool kids pool mai tai kids club make reservations animation staff italian restaurant boogie boarding bedroom suite dinner reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel with amazing people! Animation team was the best, they’re shows are very impressive. Really appreciated how Ruben, Lupita, Julian, jafet, karali, Cesar, Leslie, and robetzy paid really good attention to my family and me. The whole animation team was just incredible. Jackie from mai Thai was also amazing. I had so much fun! :)

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Daphne F, Gerente at Marival Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Yaretzi R,

I'm so glad to read your review. It is our pleasure to provide you with an excellent service. I'll personally let them all know about your comments. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Took a last minute trip to this hotel last week. Everything looked good from the photos and reviews but once we arrived the negative aspects started to add up. Paid an additional $150 (each) for a ocean front ontop of $1330 (including flights) which had a beautiful view, nice patio and balcany door right out to the ocean. The Mui Tai bar was right out front which seemed awesome but little to our knowledge it was for GOLD members only and we were not part of that. I saw no mention of this in any of the booking deals, site website or travel reviews. Tried to have breakfast one morning at the outdoor BAMBA cafe and restaurant, that too was for GOLD members only. Again very dissapointing. There were no beer or alcohlic beverages stocked in the rooms. Beer to the room was an addinonal charge. Besides your standard coffee in the morning, the only other place to get something decent was at a starbucks in the hotel which was an additional charge. My roomate got very sick with a stomach bug and I had to call five seperate times to get water and toitel paper delivered to the room. The best fun, food and drink we had was off the resort and in the local towns. Sayulita was amazing. This expereince is a pesonal reminder to stick with the RIU hotels. They're unmatched with price, service, amenities and good times.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tanner J
Daphne F, General Manager at Marival Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Tanner,

We're sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

In reference to the Mai Tai beach club, this area was certainly built exclusively for our Vacation Club guests since we consider they should be given a plus for being members. However, we still care a lot about our regular and repeat guests, they are and always will be very important to us. For that reason, Mai Tai opens some nights as a Seafood restaurant, so you can enjoy a dinner by the ocean. Unfortunately, this is not available in raining season.

La Bamba is exclusive for members only for breakfast and opens serving snack from 12 to 5 pm for all guests.

On the other hand, our mini bars are stocked with soft beverages and water. However, since we are a family oriented resort, the mini bar is not stocked with beers for children's safety. However, this service is available with an extra charge of 50 pesos. In the particular case of beers, it is 4 beers for 50 pesos.

Additionally, allow us to remind you that we have a Concierge available to assist you from 7 am to 11 pm. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again, to fully enjoy a Marival experience.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

This is a great place for a family vacation specially if you have kids, they do have also a pool for adults for those who want to have a quiet relaxing pool time. All rooms have excellent views. All areas were super clean and staff service was outstanding. Entertainers are young and with lots of energy (Brian, Ruben, Fernando, Toñita, Lupita to name a few were great) make sure you keep your activities schedule handy. There are even yoga classes at the gym. Dont worry about having to go elsewhere at night, every night there’s a great show (pirates and american idol were the best)there’s also a club for the adults, there were a couple of nights that all families were allowed at club for karaoke contest and some dancing games. After 11 pm adults only at club.
For the restaurants you must make reservations in advance but main buffet restaurant and breakfast are open to everyone. Pizza and fast food available til midnight as well. Prices for outdoors activities were great too! I will sure comeback with the family!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Vania,

It is our pleasure to provide you with an excellent service. I'll let them all know about your comments, I'm sure they'll be thrilled to know about those nice comments of their work. We'll be waiting for you, as you already are part of our family.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Have been there many times, since 2012. Joined club membership then. Beware as what was told, as never has happened. Please, don't go to sales, thinking it would be great to join.
Brevanmanagement, whos looks after, the points, in relationship to points and Money returned , is a scam.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Paula D
Daphne F, General Manager at Marival Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Paula D,
I'm sorry to read you had a bad experience, We'd like to know more about these concerns and give you the best service we can. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon as you are part of our distinguished family.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Our family loves spending our spring break at the Marival! The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the food is good. We have been several times over the past few years and because of that the staff remembers us and always welcomes us back! The resort is very family friendly, the kids club was wonderful when my children were little and we have gotten to know the staff there quite well! Adriana from the kids club is AMAZING! ( you can tell she loves children and her job!) Although my children are all older now they always make a special point of visiting her! The resort is very large and the landscaping is beautiful! The pools are warm and clean and there is food available everywhere! One thing worth mentioning is that the stereotypical "spring break party crowd " is not at this resort. The times we have visited were quiet and family friendly!...the Marival has been wonderful for our family vacations..we hope to go back soon!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Daphne F, General Manager at Marival Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Christince,
First of all, we are really glad to read that you decided to book your vacations in our Resort. As we know it is an important matter for you and your family where to spent this precious moments, thank you for allowing us to be part of them. In addition, thanks again for sharing your experience with Adriana, she'll be thrilled to read your comments. If there is something else we can do for you please don't hesitate contact us.
My best wishes, we'll be waiting for you with arms wide open!